An open letter adult content

to Aunt Flow,
Go die, mkay?

Sorry, just a vent, she came waaay early and unexpectedly...I am 44 I guess I should get used to this...or get off my hump and schedule my hysterectomy. When you are done with having kids are you willing to surrender your "woman parts"? I am!!!

salexander

Asked by salexander at 1:46 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Health

• I would be happy to never have another period again. mine are so bad its unreal.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 1:47 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I wish they would just take mine if they are useless.. I find out in Aug. if my cervical cancer removal left me without the option of being "open" for baby season again.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:47 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I have been blessed with 5. Even if I were "open for biz"...I am not, had a tubal...I wouldn't have another...they can take this uterus and shove it lol
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 1:49 PM on May. 9, 2011

• i don't have any problems to speak of..yet, if ever....and at 42, i'm still going strong. however, the mood swings are killer, the forgetfulness, depression, low libido, etc..all the symptoms of perimenopause are there...except for the loss of menstruation..dang it.
    however, i'm not going to have a surgery, without physcial need, just to stop bleeding.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:50 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I do not like having my period anymore. But I am not willing to have elective surgery either.

Answer by louise2 at 2:02 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Mine won't be. Due to the 5 kids I have had, my bladder has prolapsed...it is kind of drooping into my vaginal wall...this causes issues with tampon insertion and makes for uncomfortable sex. In order to have my bladder repaired they insist I have the hysterectomy. If I were not to have one and have the bladder repaired...at a later date my uterus may prolapse and destroy the bladder surgery, so I have to have them done at the same time.
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 2:22 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I hear ya. I am done with my parts and totally ready to my "house" removed already.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 2:41 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Get a second opinion about your bladder... Once your uterus is removed, all of your organs will slowly slide down into the empty space. Please watch this video...

http://www.hersfoundation.com/anatomy/index.html   TMI WARNING!!! This is a video about the female anatomy and what happens to it after a hysterectomy... Just FYI... Don't want anyone with children watching this around them if they aren't ready to answer questions :)

CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 3:03 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My bladder is already pushing into the wall of my vagina...hence the fact that I have to have it repaired.
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 3:10 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I would trade having a period again instead of menopause. The loss of estrogen causes you to gain weight, age faster, etc. etc.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:25 PM on May. 9, 2011