What all did you pack for your LO for your first family vacation?

My husband is planning to take a week worth of leave next month so we can have some quality family time. (He is active Army & he is hardly home due to 12hr work shifts & PT 2x a day) We are planning to go to Ocean City (aka the beach) for a few days so we can get away a lil bit. I'm the kind of person who plans everything out ahead of time & I'm trying to figure out what all I would need for my son (he's 6mths old -well will be May 11th). I already got the lil swimmers diapers for him & sunblock which i kno are must haves. I also know I'll need diapers & clothes. What else did you pack? Should I take a stroller (since there is a boardwalk) & a pack n play?

Mrs_Hahn09

Asked by Mrs_Hahn09 at 1:51 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• other than the necessities, a few favorite playthings, for the car-ride and for the condo.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:53 PM on May. 9, 2011

• When we took my dd, she was 9 months. I packed clothes, bathing suit ( I don't like the look of just the little swimmers) a hat, sunblock, bug wipes, a first aid kit, water shoes, sun glasses, a stroller, a pack and play, her favorite blanket, some toys, and books, Tylenol, diaper rash cream, a swim floaty, beach towel with hood, antibacterial wipes,.... I'd also suggest only packing enough diapers for the trip to, and then buying some there. It took up a lot of space packing enough for 12 days, same with wet wipes.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:59 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Definitely a stroller. Can he sleep with you? If not, you'll need a pack and play. Other than that, just clothes, car seat, bottles, a way to wash them in the hotel (I used to bring a bottle brush and dish detergent) bottled water to make formula unless you are breast feeding.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:59 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Im looking at the hotel rooms w/ the kitchen in them. That way I can clean his bottles. && I def plan to take bottled water for formula bc thats how we make his bottles. He can sleep w/ us w/ no problems. I was thinking of doing that since the stroller & pack & play would take up a good bit of trunk space. As for diapers, I was thinking of getting a small pack to take w/ us. We plan to go for like 4-5days. I got him 2 swim trunks so I plan to take those.

Where do you get the beach towels w/ a hood?
    Mrs_Hahn09

Comment by Mrs_Hahn09 (original poster) at 2:07 PM on May. 9, 2011

• When we go on vacation, I always look to see if there's a BJs close by. If there is, then I wait until I get there and buy a pack of diapers big enough to last me the week - one less thing to pack!

Answer by missanc at 2:12 PM on May. 9, 2011