Make me feel better please :[

Okay, soo, I have anxiety and depression. I was on medication for both of them but I stopped taking it when I found out I was pregnant because I dont want to take anything while Im pregnant. I got taken out of school and I am being tutored so I dont have to deal with the anxiety of being around the idiots in my school, such as the ones who said they were going to trip me in the hallway so I fall on my stomach because Im pregnant, yeah real nice people right? (and dont judge me for being in high school and am pregnant, I am 18 and much more mature than just about any 18 year old I know. So please no criticism for being too young to be pregnant) But anyways, since I havent been in school my anxiety and depression have been much better. I am 33 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and my anxiety has been acting up. As soon as my Fiance leaves for work my anxiety kicks in and lasts hours. Im sure it is just my pregnancy hormones and  Ive gotten used to dealing with it, but now my mom called me and told me that they are putting down the family dog today because he cant even move and wont eat because he is so sick and old and now I feel super depressed. I know it might sound lame to be so upset over an animal, but my family has had this dog since I was about 6. I just dont know how to calm myself down from being so upset because I dont want me being this upset to effect my baby boy. I guess Im just really looking for some insight and someone to say something, anything, to try and make me feel better.

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 1:52 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• feel better

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 1:55 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Sweetie. I know what 33 weeks feels like and I am gonna tell you that just about everything is going to set you off right now. I am sorry about your family dog;( ((huggs))) You don't have much longer to go,so hold on to the knowledge that your baby will be in your arms very soon. God Bless you both:)
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 1:56 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I think you can allow yourself to grieve even if you are pregnant. No need to be totally depressed but sadness over the loss of a pet is a completely normal reaction so go ahead a cry. Dont try to deny your feelings. Writing what the dog meant to you may be helpful. Writing what pet experiences you want you baby to have with a pet may help to. Start with when my baby is 6 I hope we have a pet like you that will _____ fill in the blanks. (did the pet give you comfort, keep you company..etc?)

You only have 7 weeks left just know that an end is in sight and you will be holding a bundle of joy before you know it!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:56 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I am so sorry about your dog. Animals become such important part of our lives, and losing one is devistating. Your hormones are like they are in overdrive. Pregnancy is a very emotional time. I would cry over ANYTHING! But, it is totally natural. Learn to relax, now while you can. Can you talk to someone, to help relieve some of the anxiety? Good luck to you!!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 1:57 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I had to put my dog down almost two years ago, it is totally understandable that you are upset, even if you weren't pregnant. Sometimes some women are more emotional when they are pregnant, so if you are prone to anxiety and depression, it is understandable that you would be more so while pregnant. I was the same way, I have ADD and I was off of my Ritalin while pregnant. (I'm 40 btw!) Try to use relaxation techniquest like progressive muscle relaxaton to keep calm. Think of happy times with your dog, make a scrapbook, and your stong feelings aren't going to hurt your baby. My son is a happy healthy 8 yo despite a turbulent emotional pregnancy! Hang in there and try to enjoy the pregnancy it won't last forever!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 1:58 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Oh, what ria7 said is so sweet!! Tears are in my eyes
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 1:58 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Oh, poor thing, I know how the anxiety and depression can be, I had Postpartum Depression horribly after my son was born. It is no hay ride for anyone, and losing an animal is not easy, they are like family. But u wouldn't want ur sweet dog to suffer would u? And think of how exciting it will be to be a new mommy and gave something so precious in ur life. U will be just fine, keep ur chin up, u seem to be a strong woman! U can message me anytime if u need a shoulder to cry on!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 2:02 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Sweetie...you are not at all lame! The doggie was a part of your family. The death of a family member is always traumatizing...BUT it will not hurt your baby, ok? My step-daddy died when I was just 3 months along. He was the one father figure in my life who was truly a father to me and my brothers. My mom was devastated. It was worse because they lived two states away and I didn't feel I could be strong enough for her (cuz of being pregnant).

Don't worry about anyone judging you; I won't. What you need to do now is focus on taking care of yourself so the baby inside you will be strong. The baby takes from your body, so make sure it's good things you put into it. Laughing, crying...it's all good. The baby will know it's you, he/she hears your voice and it will be your voice that comforts him during his first nights when he feels scared and uncomfortable!
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 2:07 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Let your self grieve over your pet. The loss of a pet is a big deal for most. Not the same thing but months before my 3rd baby was born my family went through a lot grandma going into a comma and passing, being told my dad would not survive surgery, but without he would die to falling on my stomach at 7months along. To say the least there were tons of tears during that pregnancy, the only thing I can say is my baby boy unexpectedly weighed 11lbs 3 oz (over 3lbs larger than his brothers).
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 2:08 PM on May. 9, 2011

• hugs I suffered from postpartum depression and anxiety horribly! It is extremely hard as is putting down a pet. They are family. Just remember he is in a better place and won't be suffering anymore. I love the scrapbook idea or pick your few favorite pictures of you two and put them in a nice frame. You are almost there having your lil bundle of joy so just keep being strong. If you need to talk I am here as is alot of the great mothers and womeen on here! GL!

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:11 PM on May. 9, 2011