Does your child have a different complexion from you?

And do people question whether or not he or she is your child or ask if he or she is adopted?

My DD has blonde hair. I have dark brown hair with toned skin. A woman thought she belonged to one of my friends cause she's blonde as well.

Has this ever happened to you?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 1:54 PM on May. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• No but this happened with my friend. She has darker complexion/hair and her children have fair complexion and light hair like their father. She was asked if she was their nanny.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:56 PM on May. 9, 2011

• my SO is a little tan with big ol brown eyes and brown hair i have blond hair n blue eyes and very fair skin.. i just recently dies my hair brown people ask if hes my brother which honestly pisses me off
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 1:57 PM on May. 9, 2011

• People look at us strange sometimes. My kids are half black/half white.

Answer by louise2 at 1:57 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Ouch!
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 1:57 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I am biracial my kids are white with blond hair and hazel eyes when they were little people kept trying to hire me as a nanny because the kids were well behaved. I would look at them and say I am the parent and they would just gape. lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:57 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I have had a friend holding my toddler before and had someone tell her that her daughter was cute until i turned around, they stopped mid complement to look from DD to me and then smile and finish what they were saying.

Both of my kiddos are neon white like me all winter and tan up during the summer (I do not) so it just depends what season you catch us in. I just laugh it off because both of my girls look exactly like me in the face and there is no doubt who their mom is.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:57 PM on May. 9, 2011

• LOL i ment DS ^ ^ ^ ^
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 1:58 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My DD is olive skinned with dark hair and eyes, just like her dad. The boys have my fair skin, light eyes and medium brown hair. I suppose her features are enough like ours that no one has every questioned if I was her mom or not.

Now DH's niece and nephew are blonder than blond with paper white skin. He would take them out to the park when they were little and get all sorts of comments.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:58 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I had ppl say that they thought I was step mommy once! Lol! My dh is italian and olive skinned as my dd is. I am a red head.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 1:58 PM on May. 9, 2011

• It happens to me ALL THE TIME! I tell people I gave birth to both!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:02 PM on May. 9, 2011