Have you ever heard of: dried beef? rusk buns? open-face sandwiches?

Just curious! After a conversation with my SIL a couple weeks ago, and the same convo with a friend today, I'm just curious how many people have ever heard of these. I used to think it was a regional thing, but I'm thinking now they're more of a cultural thing!

And I know open-face sandwiches aren't that odd, but my SIL says she doesn't see the point of them - she says she can't eat them, they're just a mess waiting to happen - I think she's crazy, lol!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Dried beef/beef jerky, and open faced sandwiches. I have heard of  and ate both these things. But the rusk buns I have never heard of.

Answer by louise2 at 2:07 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I've heard of all three, but rarely hear about rusk buns anymore!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:11 PM on May. 9, 2011

• dried beef isn't beef jerky it's dried beef slices it usually comes in a jar.... open faced sandwhiches are messy but good and rusk buns are a form of yeast roll tasty !!!!!!
    traren

Answer by traren at 2:58 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Oh my, dried beef from a jar? Ew! That stuff is a really bad replication of real dried beef. And the rusks here aren't a yeast roll. jmpj, I'm curious where you're from that you've had them - I'm guessing maybe Michigan?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:32 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Dried beef...yes
    Open faced sandwiches..yes
    Rusk buns...nope. What are they?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:41 PM on May. 9, 2011