Do your kids go to public or private school? Why/Why not?

Just curious.

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 2:01 PM on May. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• My kids are too young but the way the schools are going in CA. They will be going to Charter or Private school!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:03 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Public - because the schools here are good and why pay money for private when you don't need to?

Answer by missanc at 2:04 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My kids go to a publicly funded charter school. When my oldest was going to the "best" school in our district, he was unchallenged and bored all the time. We found this charter school and LOVE it. The school is academically challenging and stimulating.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:05 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I plan to send my kids to private school because I feel that the quality of education is better, 9 times out of 10. I also want Christians teaching them Christian values. Public school teachers must watch what they say in regards to a curious child's question, but if the teacher knows everyone in the class has the same religion, then they don't have to fear anything. In a perfect world I'd be homeschooling my kids, but that isn't possible now, so I want someone with values as close to mine to be educating them instead.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 2:09 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Our kids go to public school, Where we live, we'd have to drive a long distance for them to attend a private school. We cannot afford a private school anyway and most of them are connected to a particular religion.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 2:10 PM on May. 9, 2011

• We have terrible schools in our town. My kids go to a private catholic school in the next town over.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:12 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Public only because we can't afford private, and the only local private is a very very small christian school.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:13 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Public. I love their school. It's the best one they've ever gone to. The last 3 years they went to a Catholic school. When they transferred to this public school they were so far behind it was ridiculous. They have so many more opportunities at the public school.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:16 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Public school, mainly because I can't afford private. However, we are very lucky to live in a city where our schools have high API scores, and very caring and involved parents. With all the generous donations from these parents, our kids get a lot of opportunities (such as field trips or special assemblies). We have computers, smartboards, and other technologies in all of our classrooms.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 2:16 PM on May. 9, 2011

• public, because I will not be able to afford to send 2 kids to private school
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:19 PM on May. 9, 2011