At what age do you think kids start having sex?

In other questions, people have said that kids don't start having sex until 15-16.

I consider sex any kind of sexual contact, and based on what I've heard & seen, I think it starts more in middle school (horrifying). What do you think?

sweetpotato418

Asked by sweetpotato418 at 2:04 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Definitely starting earlier and earlier. I'm sure there are kids in elementary who are "curious". What parents let their kids watch and hear on the radio make a big impact too. Have you heard the new Rihanna song S & M? It's all over the radio and some parents think it's cute to have their kids singing that shit.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 9:49 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I didn't have ANY sexual contact until i was 15. but yes, as a whole i agree.. middle school is when they start looking more and exploring the opposite sex (or which ever they are attracted to)
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:05 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I am hearing its starting in elementary school
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:05 PM on May. 9, 2011

• i lost my "v-card" at 14 - no wonder i had a daughter at 16 ! LOL but, it definetly does start in middle school, but i would say around 16-17, but my mother would say on their wedding night ! LOL :)
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 2:11 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I was 13 when i first had sex but i knew of people having sex in 5th grade and also a boy who was 8 and had sex
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:31 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Making out starts in like grade 6 or 7 (AHHH!!) and well all ages I guess, it depends on the kids and what they are allowed to get away with.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 7:21 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Seems to be happening earlier and earlier. :-(
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:45 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Oh wow.....I guess I am an ancient relic and my kids were too....when I was a teen I didn't even get my first kiss until I was 17 and had sex with my future husband when I was 23. My oldest daughter was in her 30's, my middle daughter was 21 and my son 18.
    They are all married with their own families and have happy,productive lives.
    Holy moly.....I just hate to think of little kids having sex. I sometimes think that the world is going to hell in a handbasket , as they say. I think sex should be saved for a loving,committed,mature relationship. I heard about kids on the school bus in a nearby suburb having oral sex and I want to throw up at the thought of it. Good grief.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:04 PM on May. 9, 2011

• hard to say. my son is 6 1/2 and already been in trouble for kissing. this just enforces my thoughts/rules that kids of opposite sex should never EVER be left unsupervised. period. at least in my house. I was 14 1/2 when I became sexually active and it was totally preventable.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:14 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yikes!

It seems like it has started a lot earlier, and I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it is starting in elementary school.
    sweetpotato418

Comment by sweetpotato418 (original poster) at 2:12 PM on May. 9, 2011