Go anon if you wish or have to. I am taking a survey, What keeps you from participating in P&C E?

This section was jumping years ago when I was here, now it just sucks. Little activity and boring posts where is everyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on May. 9, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Bully Moms!

Todd James-Bullies Pictures, Images and Photos
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:08 PM on May. 9, 2011

• LOL Nothing, I'm here almost every day.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:13 PM on May. 9, 2011

• OMG the irony :) Only ONE side has been attacked and talked bad about in this entire post. 45 responses. I read them all. ALL i hear is those on the left talking about those awful women on the right. Really? hhmmmmm....
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:55 PM on May. 9, 2011

• No anon for me...I want to participate but my knowledge of most topics in that group are very limited. I have my opinions on them all but my can't site sources for my opinions. I like reading the debates, and I find the bashing and name calling entertaining, even though I know that's not what its original intent was.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:08 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I've stopped participating because there is no place here for moderate or left-leaning views. There seems to be a group of women who, if you are not Republican, or even the right sort of Republican, will attack & belittle.

It seems that only one point of view is welcomed here, and I just don't have the desire to participate in "discussions" with people who only want to tell you that they are right and everyone else is wrong.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 2:11 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I have never answered a question 'anon' ~ don't see any reason to do so. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and is free to express it. I've noticed that some here seem to feel that no one else is allowed to disagree with them, or actually prove their point and insist that people pay attention to pesky little facts, but that is a personal problem. Politics is generally a volatile subject, and many of the younger women here seem to be afraid of confrontation, differing viewpoints, and/or just unsure of themselves yet (which will change as they get older/gain more experience ~ we've all been there at some point).

The only thing that really turns me off are people with no legitimate argument that resort to name calling, accusing people of lying but can't/won't prove that they are ... and a few that seem to have no idea what the word 'debate' means. It doesn't stop me from being here ... it does lower my respect for some.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:49 PM on May. 9, 2011

• A couple of the regulars turn me away from P&CE. If I see them posting I find myself avoiding P&CE. I also avoid questions when they turn from debates to attacks.
    Anonymous

• I am not scared of comments. I avoid ignorance. The attitude I have seen in P&CE could be classified as ignorance. When a good debate goes sour because of a handful of bored women wanting to be cruel I see ignorance.
    Anonymous

• I'm here all the time. I've been attacked by the same group of "ladies" the rest of you refer to but I don't take their shit. I get down votes also by them on neutral opinions since I've already made a reputation as being "too liberal" although I'm just a regular ole Independent housewife.One of "them" even said to another one of "them" "we'll see how long she lasts" HAHA They don't know me very well ;)
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 2:23 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Since discovering the Answers section on CM, P&CE is where I've spent most of my time. I haven't been answering much lately because every question asked is just the same shit on a different day. If I find something interesting, or am just in the mood to answer, I will. But I'm not abstaining from answering out of fear, just annoyance.

In my opinion, this section used to be a little more even. There were just as many people on the left as there were on the right. Nowadays, it's mostly people on the right, and a few outspoken ones on the left. There is a group of righties that annoy the piss out of me, and one lefty that makes me want to scream. 9 times out of 10, if the question belongs to any one of them, I'll skip it.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 4:01 PM on May. 9, 2011