How do I keep them out of the mud??

Ugh! We live on a farm and have an old retention pond out back. My kids run out there in any shoes they happen to be wearing. I can't seem to keep them out of it. Any advice?

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 2:09 PM on May. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Buy them crocs and let them have fun.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:10 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Put a fence around it? Keep mud boots by the door?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:12 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Discipline them when they go near it...
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 2:13 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Have a basket by the door with "mud shoes and mud clothes". Let them help make the sign. It will feel like fun vs. task or rule. If they don't use them, then they have to stay inside for a certain amount of time.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 2:22 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Mud, the enemy of moms, the joy of kids. It's something that we can not get around, no matter where we live. Kids are magnets to mud. No matter where it is hidden, they will find it. I suggest that you have shoes just for mud and make them put them on before they go outside. This way they can play where they want and they don't ruin every pair of shoes they have.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:31 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I don't think there is an answer to that, if there is, then I want to hear it too!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:36 PM on May. 9, 2011

• mom let loose and go play in the mud with them they are only kids once !!!!! enjoy the laughter and the memories because they wont every forget the time mom played with us in the mud!!!!! trust me and then set times and clothes and shoes to wear when they can and can't play there and before you know it they will out grow it !!! just allow them to be kids!!!!
    traren

Answer by traren at 3:34 PM on May. 9, 2011