Autism and Vaccine link to be proven tomorrow in courts. What happens next after the announcement?

Link between autism and vaccines to be announced.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ELIZABETH BIRT CENTER FOR AUTISM LAW AND ADVOCACY (EBCALA)

CONTACT NICOLE WILLIAMS

(301) 625-7772

OR

DANIELLE ORSINO  (480) 200-4411

Investigators and Families of Vaccine-Injured Children to Unveil Report Detailing Clear Vaccine-Autism Link Based on Government's Own Data Report Demands Immediate Congressional Action

Directors of the Elizabeth Birt Center for Autism Law and Advocacy (EBCALA), parents and vaccine-injured children will hold a press conference on the steps of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (717 Madison Place, NW in Washington, DC) on Tuesday, May 10 at 12:00 PM to unveil an investigation linking vaccine injury to autism.  For over 20 years, the federal government has publicly denied a vaccine-autism link, while at the same time its Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) has been awarding damages for vaccine injury to children with brain damage, seizures and autism.  This investigation, based on public, verifiable government data, breaks new ground in the controversial vaccine-autism debate.

The investigation found that a substantial number of children compensated for vaccine injury also have autism.  The government has asserted that it "does not track" autism among the vaccine-injured.  Based on this preliminary investigation, the evidence suggests that autism is at least three times more prevalent among vaccine-injured children than among children in the general population.

The federal government has called autism a "national health emergency," conservatively affecting 1 in 110 children and costing the country billions of dollars each year.

Because almost all children in the United States are required by law to receive between 30-45 vaccines in order to attend public school, it is crucial that the VICP decide cases with justice and transparency.

EBCALA and the families of the vaccine-injured call on Congress to investigate the VICP, the only forum in which parents may bring claims of vaccine injury on behalf of their children.

WHERE: United States Court of Claims

717 Madison Place, NW

Washington, DC

WHEN: Tuesday, May 10

12:00 PM noon

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I have a son with autism and he changed dramatically in 48 hrs after his 18 month vaccines. Although I'm still provaccines I just wish his dr wouldn't have been an idiot everytime he had a reaction to vaccines. So I hope more cases win.
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 7:42 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Thanks for the reminder to avoid cm for about a week until it blows over.
    Anonymous

• I have a son with Autism and dont buy it.

Answer by gemgem at 2:18 PM on May. 9, 2011

• there is no scientific evidence that vaccines cause autism.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:25 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Hmmmm then what about the children that are NOT vax'd and have Autism???

I am in agreement with gemgem--- my son has Autism and I don't buy it either,
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:24 PM on May. 9, 2011

• How do they explain children with Autism who have never had a vaccine?
    Anonymous

• if it wins saying this is the cause there will be BILLIONS of dollars spent on lawsuits around the country blaming them for everything under the sun and we will have to wait for a new string to be developed to protect our kids from things.. there will be a bunch of sick kids in the USA for quite some time
    Anonymous

• uh, seizures aren't autism.....

How do you know it's even going to fly? That's a little presumptive don't you think. This isn't the first time this has gone to court...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:23 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I suspect they won't win their case.
    Autism begins before birth and the signs show up a few months later. Its really hard for some parents to accept that. They would rather blame something else,such as science ,for autism. Its sad that this whole thing started by a flim-flam artist,Dr Wakefield,in England. And its being pushed by Mercola,too. The quack.
    But...I too will be avoidng this discussion because it ends up nowhere.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:23 PM on May. 9, 2011

• If vaccines caused autism wouldn't every one who is vaccinated have autism?

Not necessarily. I have no idea of vaccines cause autism...so I am in no way saying that, BUT if they did it would likely be a combination of things in the vaccines and a genetic predisposition or something. It's kind of like we know smoking causes cancer, but not every smoker gets lung cancer. Or how placing babies to sleep on their backs prevents SIDS, but not every tummy sleeper will die. It's always a combination of things. The trouble is that there is no way to know which kids are most susceptible. Again..no clue on autism and vaccines...just my thoughts.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:25 PM on May. 9, 2011