Are taking surveys online for money legit??

I have seen advertisements and such about taking surveys online and making a little extra money. Has anyone done this and had any luck with it? I was considering giving it a try but I don't want to waste my time if it's a bunch of bull.

MyLilClaireBear

Asked by MyLilClaireBear at 2:22 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• i haven't found any that are. they always want something more, or for you to refer people to get your money
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:22 PM on May. 9, 2011

• You will not get rich doing it, but you can make some money.
    Anonymous

• I get 3.00 checks in the mail for every survey I do. So far I have gotten 3.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:25 PM on May. 9, 2011

• You can make money and/or get gift cards but its time consuming as well as not something someone can live on even if its for parttime income. It can take months to get enough to say you made some money. You have to qualify for surveys, than some offer points for the surveys you completed, and than you have to reach the limit for payout which takes forever.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:26 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I tried. You had to do certain surveys and it was time consuming. I pretty much found out it wasn't worth it for me. I never got paid.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 2:27 PM on May. 9, 2011

• A lot of work for little money. Not worth it!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 3:28 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Most of them are bull, but there are a few legit ones out there. I have had great success with one, over 23k so far (over the last 4 yrs). You can read about it Here (it's free)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 3:56 PM on May. 9, 2011

• There are literally a thousand things you can do on the computer, and now even from your iPhone. You will not get rich by any means, but you can make $5.00 here and there. Although I've had the best luck with eBay, I do have some of those types of jobs posted in my blog. I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities. You are more than welcome to read through my blog when you have time at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:00 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Surveys do work, but there are many problems with surveys! You can spend an hour on 1 survey, and on most sites you have to qualify for them. Oh boy is it a pain. To be honest, there is too much time spent in a day to make a whopping 25 bucks IF you are lucky! there are many different ways to earn money while online and this is not one that I recommend!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 6:18 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Pinecone research and other ones like that are real, but you're only going to make anywhere from 25 cents to $5 a survey. When I did Pinecone I would make an extra $15-$20 a month!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:59 PM on May. 9, 2011