Is it right

is it right for someone to force you to exercies even though you dont want to.. yet you'd like to but cant do to having major problems with your hips,knees, or ankles..

I myself have one messed up hip that keeps poping out of place which needs surgery on, a knee that likes to snap backwards while walking and one Ankle that i cant stand or walk on with out having a brace.

A friend of mine is pretty much trying to force me into doing the exercise cause shes a major health nut.. grant it i want to do it.. however i have alot of things wrong with me medicaly and I want to get thoses taken care of before i even thing about doing exercies..

(Cant walk very far before hip pops out and i bust my butt!!)

Any tips and advise.. i really do want to exersice but not sure if my body will let me before i can get them fix!!!

AngelsMommy2009

Asked by AngelsMommy2009 at 2:25 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I would think that "once I've seen a doctor about my hips, knees, etc., and gotten the OK, I'll be happy to join you" would work.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:27 PM on May. 9, 2011

• No one can "force" you to exercise, and it won't work for well if that's the tactic they're using anyway. You should get that checked out before doing too much exercise!
    Hausermom

Answer by Hausermom at 2:28 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I agree with the previous posters. Your friend may be well intentioned, but you're risking serious injury. Get yourself checked out and "just say no" to this friend if her version of exercise and yours don't mesh.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:42 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Go see your doctor, do not do anything until you get the OK from a licensed physician. Health Nut or not, you have to WANT to do it deep down or it is going to be pointless. I work out with my best friend, she kicks my butt every morning, but that's okay we joke around and we go on at our own pace. That is the wonder of the gym...you go at your own pace that only you set. If you want to work on the treadmill...go for it...start out at the slowest pace and work your way up. When I started last week I started out at 1 mph and now I'm up to 3 mph the most important thing is to start slow..you are there to work out not kill yourself, and the harder you try at first the less you will find yourself wanting to go to the gym. Good Luck, and work out with her, but do not compete against her. As long as you try to get 30 minutes a day in you should be good. GO see that doctor...
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 2:43 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Don't push your body harder than you can do without avoiding injury. Injury will just slow any progress. Find something safer you can do- stationary bike, swim, etc. Talk to your doc to get some safer ideas, and tell your friend you need to follow your doctor's orders. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:52 PM on May. 10, 2011