My 2 yr old has greenish goop stuff coming out of her eyes. in the morning they are matted shut what can i do for that?

LiL_SHii

Asked by LiL_SHii at 2:28 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• welcome to allergy season momma, take her to the doctor
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:29 PM on May. 9, 2011

• It's Pink eye! She needs a prescription from her Pediatrician.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:29 PM on May. 9, 2011

• make some chamomile tea if you have some, and when it cools, use it to gently wash her eyes with a washcloth. this will get you through until she can see a doctor. some will say it's pink eye but my daughters get the same thing and it's always diagnosed as "allergy eyes" which require an antibiotic eye drop and allergy syrup. either way though, the chamomile will help settle the discharge and irritation.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:29 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Allergies. A warm, wet washcloth patted lightly on the eyes
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:29 PM on May. 9, 2011

• All the time or recently? My son only got that when he had an eye infection..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:29 PM on May. 9, 2011

• It's an infection. Could be pink eye. Wipe it away with a warm wet cloth. If it comes back, you need to go to the doctor and get prescription drops.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:30 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Take her to the doctor. It may be allergies or she may have pink-eye.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 2:30 PM on May. 9, 2011

• use a cotton ball or a sterile gauze, clean it with saline solution. Take the child to the doctor.
    qubanprincess

Answer by qubanprincess at 2:32 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Take her to the doctor. But I agree with one of the ladies about tea. I use black tea and it does wonders!!!! Just make sure it's cool and then wash the eyes with it. I put a couple of drops of the tea in the eyes. It's an amazing natural remedy.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 2:32 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My kids get that with pink eye or blocked tear ducts - either way I'd take her to the dr to check it out. For now, use a warm washcloth to wipe away the gunk and be careful not to use the same part of the washcloth on separate eyes - you can spread the infection that way.
    Hausermom

Answer by Hausermom at 2:43 PM on May. 9, 2011