I hate to exercise!

I hate to exercise but really want to do something to get my energy levels up, and i hate hardcore exercise (example, running, arobics, etc.). Any suggestions other than walking?!

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 2:34 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Wii Sports :) It's fun, and you definitely get some cardio! I LOVE Wii Tennis :)
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 2:36 PM on May. 9, 2011

• The main thing is to find something you do enjoy. Maybe you like dancing, or golfing, a martial art, fencing, or vollyball...when it's fun it doesn't feel like work.

Get out your community activity guide and see what classes are available...that way you can inexpensively try different things to see what works for you.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 2:41 PM on May. 9, 2011

• How about a power plate? I have one and you can do all sorts of poses and stretches on it.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 2:42 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Try different things - after discovering a love of running I have figured out in order to get fit, you have to LOVE what you do otherwise you'll never keep it up! Try tennis, softball, volleyball, soccer (google local team sports for women) karate or some kind of martial arts, cycling, try out a social running group (I know you said you hate running but what if it's with friends?) zumba, dance classes. Find an activity you really like and then you'll find you want to do other things to help you become better at that.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 4:59 PM on May. 9, 2011