On plastic surgery

I've had two full term pregnancies and have lost nearly 100 lbs over the years. Now, I'm ready to pamper myself and focus more on my body image. I'm 5'8" and currently weight 120lbs. Small frame with just too much extra skins. I've gone and had 4 consults with 4 different plastic surgeons on breasts implants and tummy tuck. An average cost for full tummy tuck is about 7000k and on breasts implants 5500k (on salines). All four doctors, their price quote is about the same (-,+ $400). Beside the price, always one sticks out more than the others. Meaning, I like this one doctor. He seem to know exactly what he is talking about and he have choosen best plastic surgeon on my area for year 2010 (I'm in DC) and his price is the highest. Just today, I've received price quote from the last doctor I've visted over the weekend and his price is 1500k less. He is board certified plastic surgeon, have worked as an instructor in plastic surgeon and also sub-certified in hand surgery. But, from the consultation, I just didn't liked one thing he said that the other doctors have not mentioned. Due from messive weight lost. I have little fold right on the center on my upper abs going straight down and that the fold when stretched it's going to be on my lower abs and he can't guarantee if he can completely flat out on it. VS other doctors assure me that it will be flat and smooth... So, I have this delima..spend $1500k more on the doctor I feel more towards to? or save 1500k? And, yes, it is my body and this is a huge thing we are talking about so 1500, I shouldn't think about saving but then, other doctor is qualify as much as the other doctor.... I just want to hear some opinion and some advices from the ladies.

thanks

dairy

Asked by dairy at 2:40 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Health

Level 2 (-44 Credits)
  • I guess I would go with the one who says for sure TheY can "fix" everything.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:42 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I truly believe with plastic surgery you get what you pay for. The top surgeon who has a valuable reputation is the way to go. and if I read your post correctly, he says he can give you exactly what you're looking for.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 2:48 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I live in Los Angeles, the capitol of plastic surgery. My advice is, spend the extra money. Without a doubt. Especially if most are the same, and this one person is much lower. You want to go with the person that doesn't need to cut his fee because he is that good, not the guy who may not be able to to it well. $1500 may sound like a lot, but considering the stakes, it's really not. That's like $100/mo for a little over a year. If he doesn't do a good job and you have to get it fixed or live with it, you will be kicking yourself for not going with the doctor you liked. GO WITH YOUR GUT!
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 2:48 PM on May. 9, 2011

• When its something like this DON"T try to be cheap. You don't wan't to have to re-due something cause you don't like it. You would wid up spending more money in the long run. GL!!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 3:17 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I would spend a little more to feel more comfortable if I were you. I personally would never get plastic surgery.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 3:29 AM on May. 11, 2011