I think I have a friend who is faking a pregnancy, how can I tell?

Back in January, I found out I was pregnant. Then in March I miscarried. Then she announced she was pregnant and had almost same due date as me, and then she was pregnant with twins but lost one. She didn't know she was pregnant when I told everyone I was and by that time I was far along enough to know I was and had missed a period. However she didn't know she was then. Her belly looks fake and it looks like a cushion in there. Its not hard at all and this girl was tiny before, around 115lbs. She is suppose to be around 6 months pregnant now, but her baby hasn't cooperated enough for her to find out what she is having. She also cannot show any ultrasound pics, even though she just had one done today, but she says she hasn't gotten any pics yet. I know from my first pregnancy, that is the first thing I enjoy looking at are the pictures. I don't know. Six months pregnant and no ultrasound pictures to show, sounds weird. She can't even come up with an excuse.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Wait 3 months and see if she gives birth,lol!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:49 PM on May. 9, 2011

• If she is, and should be around 6 months, wait another 3 and see what she has to say.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:50 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Could you ask to look at her belly or say can I feel or whatever? She's got to be mentally ill if she's doing this...
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 2:51 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Just forget about it. See if she has a baby in 3 months. Don't worry about it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:59 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Maybe she's mentally ill.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 2:49 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Does sound weird, especially about the ultrasounds, I couldnt wait to show anyone and everyone my ultrasound pics!!! When i went for my ultrsound with my son, he was in a weird position and they couldnt see the sex so they had me drink some water and push on my belly a little and he moved... suggest that to her for next tiem and see what she says.. I know a lot people with kids and none of them, unlkess it was their choice, didnt know what they were having. This has me very interested! Let us know in a couple months what happens!!! Or! If she is a close friend ask her if she wants you to go with her to her next appt, for support.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 2:57 PM on May. 9, 2011

• sounds like a lifetime movie i've seen recently! lol!
    LoveMyKids0203

Answer by LoveMyKids0203 at 2:58 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I know I didn't find out what I was having with my first until 8 months because she would let us see. The ultrasound picture would throw me off becuase I loved showing them around, but again maybe the doctor just wasn't able to get her one. I know last month I didn't get one and forgot to ask so I asked last week and he said he didn't forget he just wasn't able to get me one. And the belly doesn't have to be hard. Mine isn't hard I mean once in a while it gets hard the way the baby lies, but normally is soft. I use to be 120 pounds by the time I had my first dd I was 185 pounds. I gained 65 pounds with my pregnancy. I don't know see if she lets you feel her belly. I don't understand why she would lie cause I mean what happens when the time comes she has to have proof soon or later.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:02 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it time will tell cause you know she's gonna come up with a big lie in a few months!!! I probably would not go around her and would distance myself now!!!!! I'd be worried about my baby but that's just me!!!!! sorry if this scares you but people are crazy especially if she's trying to be like you!!!!!

traren

Answer by traren at 3:07 PM on May. 9, 2011

• ask to see her tummy!!! i REALLY doubt she is prego no pics??? the dont just do ultra sounds and not give u some pics. I would start putting distance between you and her.... you busy if she wants to hang out etc, dont answer your phone etc.... if she asked why say can I see how dark your line is on your tummy... ( theres a prego hint) bellybutton area from boobs to down there... a straight line appears when prego. when she says no say..just what I thought, you lie and I dont do liars. then move on...
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 3:09 PM on May. 9, 2011