Lumps on my 4 week old

When my little girl was born, she had this ovalish shaped lump on her butt, it only comes out a tiny bit, and its a really hard spot. I figured it was a birth mark, it also had hair on it. Yesterday I noticed she has 3 or 4 now, what the heck are they??? I'm bringing her to the pediatrictian tomorrow but was wondering if anyone knew anything before we go! They're about 1/2 an inch long, and theyre at the edge of her buttcheek, almost outside her diaper, i don't know how to describe what that spot is called!

ARast

Asked by ARast at 3:03 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Not sure, but the fact that there was hair on the original one is actually a good sign that it's nothing nasty, even though it may look odd. I hope your pediatrician gives you answers. So hard being a Mom and worrying all the time hey. *hugs*
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:07 PM on May. 9, 2011

• The doctor will know. I would guess moles, birthmarks, maybe ?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 3:09 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Could be a number of things, just wait for the doc. Plus, don't try to look that kind of stuff up on the internet, it will just scare the shit out of u.
    Dannieface

Answer by Dannieface at 3:13 PM on May. 9, 2011

• bump 4 u...
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:18 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My son had 2 bumps on his body when he was born, they look like scars. Over time he has developed a few more, all with the same appearance. We had to have them biopsied and it turns out they're just fat deposits. I know it's easier said than done, but I wouldn't worry just yet.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 3:39 PM on May. 9, 2011

• im not sure, could be anything, but I agree dont look it up online it will scare the crap out of you when it really is probably nothing. ask her pedi tomorrow, good luck
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 4:22 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I don't know but I hope the doctor can tell you
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 7:59 PM on May. 9, 2011

• no clue bump:)
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 10:36 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Ask your Ped. when you go. Good Luck :)
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:24 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I don't know, but probably if anything serious the doc would have said something when she was first born. My 2nd child had something similiar, and they said it was a pylonidal cyst, didn't require treatment. good luck.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 2:54 PM on May. 10, 2011