Need help deciding if this is really boy parts. It looks like something is there but it also looks detached from body so I wasnt sure if it was the cord or not?? would love to start buying boy stuff though :))

maverick33

Asked by maverick33 at 3:07 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no pic?
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 3:09 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I don't think it worked this time either...
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 3:10 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Don't go assuming "boy" or "girl"as you may end up disappointed, and that's no way to start life with your new addition to the family. If you're really itching to go baby shopping, you can always start with things like a crib and sling and just go with neutral colours.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:10 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Only the techs that administered the test are qualified to know. Don't take our word!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:11 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I have one son- the tech did spot that he was a boy, and was right. If you felt the tech was possibly new or something, perhaps wait.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 3:11 PM on May. 9, 2011

• i don't think it should make a difference. who's to say what's boys' stuff or girls' stuff??
    SarahM.1983

Answer by SarahM.1983 at 3:17 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I'd buy  neutral clothes if you feel like shopping yellows and greens non gender clothing because you could be surprised although they have come a long way with ultrasounds!!!!! if you unsure wait!!!

traren

Answer by traren at 3:18 PM on May. 9, 2011

• If it's not real clear in the ultrasound, stick with earth tones for major purchases.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:22 PM on May. 9, 2011

• thanks guys for all the feedback. i just tried one more time to repost the picture. i truly just want a healthy baby :) i just want to be 100% sure what it is before i go buying things. this ultrasound was done for fun at my work by an ultrasound tech who is not used to doing baby ultrasounds so she wasnt even totally sure what she was looking at. i was 18 weeks here and i go back for my real ultrasound at 20 weeks.
    maverick33

Comment by maverick33 (original poster) at 3:41 PM on May. 9, 2011

• i say boy i have one of each and that is what it looked like with my son with my girl it looked like a "cheeseburger" (the dr's way of easily pointing it out) meaning she was a girl...
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 3:41 PM on May. 9, 2011