Getting married need help

I have been married & divorced twice.. but I never have had a wedding or party.. is it silly for me to want one.. ? some people look down on me for having two failed marriages but none except my mom has taken the time to find out why.. I have known my finacee since high school and we have a baby together.. I do wish things had gone differently but anyway I want some kinda of party and/ or wedding but I am scared not many people will come..

maiahlynn

Asked by maiahlynn at 3:29 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• why do you need many people? If youre getting married for real for the real reasons this time around screw anyone who doesnt show. Buy a dress, throw a party, have a dang marching band if you want! If you, your fiancee, and your baby show, all in all I'd call it a fantastic wedding! Congratz.
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 3:32 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I think it really depends on the situation. If you have done work on yourself and are sure this marriage won't end in another divorce, then I would start telling people about it. If you want people to understand, don't wait for them to come to you. Reach out. I don't think it's silly to want a party, but the more important thing is the marriage. If I was your friend or family member, I would want to be assured that this time was different, for your sake, otherwise I wouldn't be able to support it.
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 3:33 PM on May. 9, 2011

• no i think you have every right to a wedding. do something small more "informal" fi you want one. say you just want people there to help you celebreate. you can request no gifts or donations for a charity of your choice if they choose to give. that way they dont feel like you are havign a wedding to have gifts
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 3:32 PM on May. 9, 2011

• People are dumb. When you start inviting people, you will find out who your true friends and family are. True friends and family support you through anything. They have your back no matter what you're going through. I don't see anything wrong with you getting married a third time. Sometimes, it takes a bit to find our true soul mate. It's a big world. We never know what will happen or what the future will hold. Just be happy, hold your head up high, invite who you want to and if people have an issue, screw them. This is your happiness you're trying to acheive, not theirs. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a wedding day. Every woman deserves one if they choose.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 3:36 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Your special day your way. No one is forced to attend so just enjoy those that show up. Congratulations and good luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:36 PM on May. 9, 2011

• its not stupid to be nervous or to want a party. BUT this is not your FIRST rodeo so something small, reception would more likey attract others to it than trying to go ALL out like most do for the 1st ones. CONGRATS
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 3:40 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Hun, you should have a party :) Esp if you never had one before!! If the people you invite don't come, f*ck them then. If you aren't just getting married to some random guy or getting married too quickly, there's no reason why your loved ones (even friends) can't support you. I would make it clear that its just to celebrate -NO GIFTS! I would put that down on the invitation to be honest. I would think twice about getting married again tho. Take a good look into your relationship & make sure its completely different (better) in many ways than your last two. Do some self discovery & try to figure out what you could've done differently to help make those marriages work. A marriage takes two, so in those past two failed marriages, you must take the blame as well. I'm doing the same. I've been engaged once & almost another time and now almost a 3rd. Before I do, I'm taking a good look at everything. Good Luck & I wish you the best
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 3:40 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Would you rather have a small party with the people that really care enough about you to show up? or have no party at all? I would go for it and if epople don't show up then screw them! Congrats!!!
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 4:33 PM on May. 9, 2011

• You are not alone, I am twice divorced and didn't have big weddings either but if I do get married again, I am going all out, wth? Every girl dreams of having a wedding and you deserve, invite the ones that you know will come and support you - I am sure there are alot of people out there that will you just don't know it.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 9:08 PM on May. 9, 2011

• patriciaofmn- I never even had a small party it was just the courthouse ceremony, which really is horrible.. i would be happy even for a small ceremony.
    maiahlynn

Comment by maiahlynn (original poster) at 10:05 AM on May. 10, 2011