What is a good product to use for skin tightening/stretch marks care while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• None. Drink water. We have 3 layers of skin. Stretch marks start in the SECOND layer. So unless you get all Silence of the Lambs and peel off your first layer of skin to apply the creams, they won't do a lot of good. It's genetics, sadly. I feel your pain.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 3:35 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Palmers coco butter helps. For me my stomach itched like crazy! So that helped while I got a few stretch marks but they faded!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:37 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Wow anon. You're an ass.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 3:50 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I used Vitamin E Oil. It's $5 for a little bottle, but it lasts about 3 months if you use it sparringly.

I don't have any stretchmarks, but neither does my mom; so may be hereditary....
    Good luck to ya!
    mamawhit

Answer by mamawhit at 3:59 PM on May. 9, 2011

• WTF anon? I've seen some real assholes on here but you take the cake.

Genetics play such a huge roll. I used cocoa butter because it smelled good & because I had skin dry enough that alligators laughed at me. I don't know that it did much in the prevention of stretch marks, though.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 4:01 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Stretch marks are hereditary. You can use lotion to help with the dryness on your belly. But there is no guarantee that it will help prevent stretch marks. I know when i first got pregnant I used it religiously and I still ended up with stretch marks. My mother, grandmother ect. all had them, so I guess I was destined to get them lol. Just wait till after the pregnancy time will heal all they will eventually fade that is If you end up with stretch marks. Hope this helps.
    tankster

Answer by tankster at 5:12 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I use shea butter
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 5:50 PM on May. 9, 2011

• The real stuff
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 5:51 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Yep or palmers cocoa butter don't know if it'll work yet...still in the process. Butthat's the brand i use.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 5:57 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Yes, stretch marks can be caused by genetics, but they are also caused by your skin stretching.... This has been killing me on numerous questions when people say that it is all genetics... Anyway now that is out in the open... I used curel's lotion for pregnancy and motherhood. The lotion makes your skin feel stretchy and elastic! The lotion worked for me very well. Remember to put lots of lotion on your boobs and butt too, because they grow and get stretch marks. I have none on my belly and some on my butt and boobs, but then again I had to learn the hard way.... Also remember to drink lots of water and don't scratch your growing belly that will only make stretch marks worse.
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 8:46 PM on May. 9, 2011