Anyone want to make ICED TEA without boiling water?

I've always seen people with their suntea containers out in the sun to make 'suntea' well I do it all the time now without the sun.I plop in two Lipton tea bags into a tall plastic container with spout fill it up with water and cover it up with a lid of some sort or alunimum wrap. Wait 2 hours or more and presto there's your tea now to make it cold you'll need to add ice cubes or stick it in the fridge.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 3:47 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Luzianne makes cold-brew tea bags. I can make it right on my counter in under an hour.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:50 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Neat, whats wrong with boiling it though? I have always wondered if it tastes different or what?
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 3:48 PM on May. 9, 2011

• We use a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup. Fill it up with cold water, throw 2 of those family sized tea bags in, put it in the microwave for 6 minutes,and we have a gallon of tea. I've never actually done the sun tea,but I know it is really good.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 3:49 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I never tried it with the sun. My mother in law does that. I would like to learn if you would send me more info please. I live in Sacramento Ca were it is BOILING hot in the summer!! Better make use of the sun! LOL
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:50 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Yeah, we make southern suntea all the time. or just get some normal ol water two tea bags and leave it in the fridge over night.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:51 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I used to always boil my water for tea and I got sick of doing it, I love hot boiled water tea but for something easy to do and tastes almost or maybe the same as the suntea it's just a idea I stumbled upon and it clicked just wanted to share with you all.
    countingsparows

Comment by countingsparows (original poster) at 3:52 PM on May. 9, 2011

• We've been making SunTea for years...My mother loved sun tea she'd start a new batch almost every morning.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:56 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I made sun tea today. Love it!!
    Anonymous

• I grew up drinking sun tea - I never knew iced tea was made any other way. I still prefer it that way. And yes, it tastes different - it tastes like summer ;).
    Anonymous