what do you think...

what do you think bout 18yr olds havin babies? i didnt say 14yr olds i said 18 yr olds...just wanting your opinion...

sprtchic13

Asked by sprtchic13 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• If the 18 yr old is financially independent. I say yes go ahead have a baby.

But how many 18 yr old are that way?

Answer by louise2 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Depends on the maturity and financial ability of the 18 y/o. Heck, I know some 30 y/o's not mature enough to have a baby!
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 10:58 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Your just going to have to deal with your situation. Or give the 2 mnth old child up for adoption.GL

Answer by louise2 at 11:04 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• 18 yr olds are adults. why shouldn't they have babies? yes they are immature and should wait but some don't choose to. I was 19 but wanted to get child rearing out of the way so i could do other things in life while i was still young enough after the kids were out of the house. It worked for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Only if they are mature and married and can provide a good home for the child. If they are single, depending on mom and dad, or immature--I think adoption is the best option. I have a good friend who was married at 15, had her two boys by the time she was 18, and was a wonderful mom. She and her husband celebrated their 50th anniversary a few years ago:-) Maturity is a better indicator than age:-)
    Anonymous

• My mom got pregnant with me when she was 18. She now has terminal cancer, and if she'd waited to have kids, we wouldn't be old enough to be able to help her out now. If I was 10 years younger, or even 5..... I wasn't mature enough to be able to handle helping her with some of the things she needs right now. I'm glad she started young.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I had my son when I was 18. There is nothing wrong with it as long as the parent(s) are mature enough to take responsiblity for the child. And that doesn't depend upon age. I know plenty of older moms who are not mature enough to put their children first.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My son got his girlfriend pregnant at 18, he was 19 when the baby was born and then the girlfriend decided she couldn't handle being a mom so he is now a single dad with a one year old. When he told me she was pregnant i said "congratulations, you'll be a great dad!" He is too. I didn't want him to become a father that young but it wasn't up to me. He is an adult with the power of choice and the attendant responsibilites.
    Sendmorecoffee

Answer by Sendmorecoffee at 10:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• To the poster above me, congratulations on raising a good man! Hats off to you and to your son... Now back to the question... It's not the end of the world... It's better than getting pregnant at 15, 16, or 17... It just stinks that she wouldn't be able to enjoy single life. I got pregnant at 20 and had my son when I was 21 so I'm glad I had a couple years to enjoy just being young and hanging with my friends.
    madrigalreject

Answer by madrigalreject at 6:46 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i dont see any 18yo stable enough to have a child. what do you mean by...financially stable? A job? "A" job does NOT make one stable & at 18, you havent had that "job" for very long. NO i do not think an 18 yo should have children, even though there are a lot of 18yos who can struggle & manage beautifully. So if you can handle the adult responsibilities of taking care of another person, then think it out a little longer. Get a better education, bigger bank account (savings), car - paid for, no junker, house with the furnishings paid for...then a child. so YOU can enjoy all the fruits of your labor, without all the struggle. So if your so grown up at 18, then really act like it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Dec. 6, 2008