DISGUSTED

http://www.ashleymadison.com/

I just received an email from this website.  I am shocked and can't help but wonder how this place got my info.  And we wonder why divorce rates are so high!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Yeah - I'm pretty liberal in my thinking but I think this site is ridiculous.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 3:55 PM on May. 9, 2011

• No website is going to make a man cheat if he didn't already want to.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:55 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Sadly, your email info is FAR from private. It IS the World Wide Web, after all. As for cheating...a cheater will find a way to do it with or without advertising.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 3:56 PM on May. 9, 2011

• divorce rates are not high bc of websites. They are high bc people marry too young, too uneducated about the person or the relationship and partnership as a whole, marry for the wrong reasons, treat it like a game, marry while "in like" bc life is a race ya know, children, money management issues, lack of commitment, lack of value, ect. Let them email me all day, won't make me cheat or divorce.
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 4:02 PM on May. 9, 2011

• yeah its sick & makes me get that gross feeling in my gut - but I do have to agree, no website is going to make a man cheat. If he wants to cheat- he will find away to do it with or without the web. The web just makes it easier and easier to hide.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 3:59 PM on May. 9, 2011

• It sucks its out there but like the other posters cheaters will cheat with or without a websites help. That is just a fact. My husbands friend is a cheater and believe me he doesnt need the internet to do it.

Answer by gemgem at 4:05 PM on May. 9, 2011

• LMAO...... oh please, if someone wants to cheat those websites do not make it easier.... I'm still giggling at the thought that a man could be "persuaded" to cheat by just coming upon that website. For the sake of argument let's say he did come upon it and decide hmm I'm going to do this...he has at least 5 minutes to think "this is wrong" my wife is going to kill me " wonder if I'll get away with it" I was on it enough to read it for not even 30 seconds and was chuckling about how many idiots would use it as an excuse on their wife. "Well honey, I wasn't thinking about it until I saw that site, and then I couldn't help myself" Well no I wasn't thinking about you when I entered in I was single/married, but I didn't think you would ever find out...if it wasn't for that website I would have never done it" and how many wives will fall for it???
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:31 PM on May. 9, 2011

• wow! block that address! unreal that's sick!
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:55 PM on May. 9, 2011

• You are right, OP. It's disgusting, and repulsive! I saw a case that involved a site like this on the show "Cheaters" not long ago. A woman hired the cheaters crew to follow her DH. He was caught in the act with another woman,who he'd met on a site like that, and the other woman's hubby KNEW she was out with another man! It was disgusting,the DH that was caught felt he'd done nothing wrong. As you said, no wonder there is such a high rate of divorce. Sites like that should be shut down!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 3:56 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My personal thoughts.

That website/that business is like any other in this country/world. It provides a service that people choose to use. The service does not choose the people, the service does not force people to use it..etc.. People freely, willingly and knowingly sign up for that service (and pay to do so). People can cheat just as easily by picking someone up at the gym, the grocery store, or work (which the workplace is where the majority of affairs being/where affair partners are met). A person who wishes to cheat, will do so. AshleyMadison or no AshleyMadison. Cheating is a willful, intentional, choice. No one forces anyone to cheat, it's impossible to do so. If one woman can force a man to cheat, then shouldn't the one he's married to be able to force him to be faithful? Doesn't work that way, right.. It's a choice, one that is freely made knowing full well the consequences and repercussions of said choice.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:12 PM on May. 9, 2011