What's the best lotion to prevent stretch marks?

I don't have any yet and I use lotion everyday but it's just the store brand lotion from CVS.

hannahlovesseth

Asked by hannahlovesseth at 3:56 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I used curel's lotion for pregnancy and motherhood. It work great and makes your skin feel more elastic. Make sure you put lotion on your butt and boobs just as much cause they grow too! I have none on my belly and some on my butt and boob ( no one told me about that until it was too late). :)
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 4:00 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Cocoa butter -- I used a lot of it both times I was pg and NO stretch-marks
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 3:57 PM on May. 9, 2011

• None. Drink water. We have 3 layers of skin. Stretch marks start in the SECOND layer. So unless you get all Silence of the Lambs and peel off your first layer of skin to apply the creams, they won't do a lot of good. It's genetics, sadly. I feel your pain.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 3:59 PM on May. 9, 2011

• the biggest predictor is typically your mother. skin elasticity is passed on. my mother barely got any and I didn't get any except one on my thigh that's fading. I do use lotion every day and did then but nothing special except all natural
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 4:22 PM on May. 9, 2011

• If you are prone to them in the first place there is no lotion that will prevent them.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:57 PM on May. 9, 2011

• They CAN NOT BE PREVENTED. Either you get them, or you do not. They are hereditary.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:58 PM on May. 9, 2011

• you cant. good luck. and that's what it is..luck of the draw.
    Anonymous

• spermacide

Yes, the answer is tongue-in-cheek. Like CraftingMama said, if you're prone to stretch marks, no cream will stop it from happening. Not getting pregnant is about the only thing you can do (but what fun would that be?!?).
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 3:59 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Coca Butter is the best
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 4:05 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I used all kinds of stuff. cocoa butter. whatever. i have them. people who say you can prevent them by using a lotion just weren't going to get any anyhow.
    Anonymous