Do you write letters? Is it a dying art?

I have wrote one in the past 2 months and it was to my friend who is an older lady. I think I wouldn't write at all if I didn't write to her.

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 3:56 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I write letters to people that are out of state and my boys and I write letters the the soliders
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:39 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I hope not because I love to write, I write letters to friends and family members and i write stories for my kids, I write in a journal and I write letters to God. I sure hope it's not a dying art. My daughter likes to write too so at least it won't be a dying art in my family.
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 4:03 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I actually love writing letters...I just don't have anyone to send them to lol so I write my hubby letters and poems and cutsie things and leave them around the house and in the car for him to find .... every once in a blue moon he'll write me one back...I have exactly 2 from him in the last 3 years LOL
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:02 PM on May. 9, 2011

• i don't write letters really anymore i send out hand written ones at christmas but i constantly write in a journal
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 3:57 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I believe it is a dying art....technology has taken over & so much fast to send an e-mail.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:58 PM on May. 9, 2011

• bump - I do write Christmas cards though I won't send e-cards!
    sarasmommy777

• Just cards, like for birthdays and holidays.

It is a dying art!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:59 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I have not wrote letters in years. I always send an email or ecard. I received a bday card from my cousin the other day, and want to send her back a thank you card, but instead posted on her FB wall a thank you.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:06 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I love sending letters snail mail. And penpals are fun. The convenience of the internet is neat but i love to write letters.
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 4:07 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I, too, write 'letters' mostly to my older friends/relatives. But I must admit, I write on the computer (sometime insert a photo or two) and print it out to send. If they had email, I would most likely use that instead. Sad to say, but true. :-\
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 4:26 PM on May. 9, 2011