He's not the father...

I had submitted a name in confidence that this guy was my daughter's father. I have just received the results and it says that he's not.

Is there any chance that the test was messed up?

I didn't sleep with anyone else and was even on Depo during the time I had gotten pregnant. I didn't know I was pregnant til I was 20 wks due to lack of symptoms and the depo.

She looks just like him. I am so torn, I don't know what to do now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on May. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• You can do your own test and get it at the drug store and see for yourself. Those tests are usually accurate though.
    Anonymous

• If you are positive, you didn't have sex with anyone else than obviously the test is wrong. That doesn't happen to often, but hey, its possible tho. Good Luck, Hun.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 4:04 PM on May. 9, 2011

• as far as i know those tests are not often wrong. but if you are positive, test again girl. you are not the first person in the world looking for a second opinion.
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 4:07 PM on May. 9, 2011

• The tests are something like 99.3% accurate. You might be in the .7% that is incorrect, go to another lab and have another test done.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:07 PM on May. 9, 2011

• So if you didn't sleep with anyone else during the time you became pregnant....why did you need the test? And if you are 100% positive you didn't sleep with anyone else during that time then the test is obviously wrong. Unless you think you may have been drugged while out and about and taken advantage of...which I really hope that's not the case. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:10 PM on May. 9, 2011

• meandrphoto: why did you need the test?

For child support, most likely. To put the father on the birth certificate if they are not married and he didn't sign paternity paperwork.

Anonymous

• @ meandrphoto, I needed the test because my dd is 5 yrs old and I was receiving PA for a couple months last year. The state required me to submit info and cooperate with setting up child support. He lives in PA and I'm in TX, so the courts took care of pretty much everything. Can I request another test and have him court ordered to take it again? I'm pretty sure he won't do it willingly. We haven't spoken in about 5 yrs.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:16 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I would be telling them to take the test again. If you are absolutely positive it could be no one else. Just remember though that sometimes you can get pregnant a week or two before or after your doctor thought you did. I know exactly when I got pregnant with my second son, and the doctors will still argue with me that it wasn't possible.... So think a month before and a month after...give them the names of anyone you were with then. Good Luck.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:23 PM on May. 9, 2011

• While it IS possible that the test was wrong, it's MUCH more likely that he's actually not the father...
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 4:26 PM on May. 9, 2011

• WHat kind of tests are those?
    jess410

Answer by jess410 at 4:28 PM on May. 9, 2011