Help!!!

might be getting divorced. i have no college, have never worked, and have two kids. my husband says he will help with me and kids. but i wont take alimony. im scared and i dont know what to do.

Ronnies_Girl

Asked by Ronnies_Girl at 4:26 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Why wont you take the alimony? If you need it until you get settled then why turn it down? Start trying to get a full time job.
    Anonymous

• why would you not take alimony if you have never worked? How do you think you will be able to pay rent and support your children it is such a touch world out there? I would really think about it, is he leaving because you both want a divorce or is he leaving cause he found someone else? If it was his choice and he caused the divorce get what you can cause I promise you, you are going to need the help GL
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 4:29 PM on May. 9, 2011

• take the alimony....

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:30 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Why wouldn't you take alimony? It's something you've earned by staying home raising kids. Start working on a resume. Good luck.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 4:33 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Take the alimony and child support, find a daycare and get a job. You will be fine. Changes take a while to adjust too and this is a lot of major changes.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:34 PM on May. 9, 2011

• i still love him. he is my best friend. i have been with him 11 yrs married for 7. i dont wanna be alone :(
    Ronnies_Girl

Comment by Ronnies_Girl (original poster) at 4:38 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Take the alimony you need it.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:56 PM on May. 9, 2011

• hI SPLITTING UP WITH YOURE BOYFREIND AND EVEN HARDER TO GET A DIVORCE, IVE BEEN IN A RELATIONSHIP FOR 32 YEARS AND WE HAVE SIAD AND DONE SOME REALY BAD THINGS TO EACH OTHER, EVEN THOUGH YOU DONT WANT ALAMONY I WOULD TAKE IT JUST UNTIL I GOT ON MY FEET AND GOT A JOB NOT FOR YOURE SAKE FOR THE KIDS, i left my husband for a year and it was hard i know its scary but women are strong and we are getting stronger every day be strong for youre kids because this is going to be hard on them.i wish you luck.
    mommysdream371

Answer by mommysdream371 at 5:00 PM on May. 9, 2011

• you can do it. Ive been a single mother for 9 years. In the last 4 i havent been able to keep a job due to surgeries and complications. im not gonna tell you its easy but me and my kids are alot happier now.
    kittylover333

Answer by kittylover333 at 5:43 PM on May. 9, 2011

• is there anyway this marriage could be saved? also, if its not, get a lawyer and have everything spelled out, just because he verbally tells you that he is going to help you doesn't mean he will, right now, he probably is telling you what you want to hear. Stay one step ahead of him and ask for alimony if you can, you will need it later on and jobs are hard to find now...GL
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 9:05 PM on May. 9, 2011