A billion dollar debt relief for Egypt??? How about the US?

The Obama administration has decided to provide about $1 billion in debt relief for Egypt, a senior official said Saturday, in the boldest U.S. effort yet to shore up a key Middle East ally as it attempts a democratic transition.

The aid would be part of a major economic aid package that also includes trade and investment incentives, officials said. It is intended to help stabilize Egypt after demonstrations forced out longtime President Hosni Mubarak on Feb. 11.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/administration-planning-1-billion-debt-relief-for-egypt/2011/04/28/AF1m4FLG_story.html

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 4:27 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Welcome to The United States of Obama...I mean America.
    Anonymous

• Where is the Obama administration getting this money?
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:28 PM on May. 9, 2011

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 a minute ago

Why, borrowing it, of course.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 4:30 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Ask China where we are getting the money amazinggrace.
    Anonymous

• I've been saying for years that this country spends too much money in other places besides home! I understand that we are looked to (or at least used to be) as a super power, but that picture will fade when we have crumbling schools, crumbling roads, etc. It's time to reel it in & keep it local!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:32 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Well, of course!! He has to take care of his peeps!!

Americans are NOT among his priorities....well, except to reduce to nothing!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:32 PM on May. 9, 2011

• yes let's borrow money that we the people are going to have to pay back to help another country. I mean it's not like anyone is suffering here right? it's the land of milk and honey.
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 4:40 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Yeah I know we are borrowing it.... Does the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION, not realize this debt ceiling crisis, our horrid economy and the fact that we really are struggling as a nation and have no means to help another nation? I will say the same thing I have said before, we need to help ourselves before we are able to help anyone else.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:45 PM on May. 9, 2011

From his "stash", you know the one he was using to give people in Detroit money.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 5:03 PM on May. 9, 2011

LMAO. He must have held back in Detroit.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 5:05 PM on May. 9, 2011