I start my new job tomorrow & I'm like ... adult content

the only white person besides two other people. I don't know why this makes me nervous. I've dated a black chick before (we are still friends, not close but we still talk)and one of my best friends are black (we talk all the time). Why does this make me nervous ? I don't know why. When I met them all, they were really nice & stuff, but I'm so nervous about being 1 out of 3 white people out of like 20 other employees. The fact that the boss is white, which adds comfort to me. Why ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• I doubt you're nervous because they're black...you're probably nervous because you feel they are going to be different from you & like anyone starting a new job, you want to fit in.

Just be yourself...smile lots & be nice. Everyone is nervous on the first day. It will be interesting being the minority. Good learning experience for you.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:47 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I am the only white person at my job, I dont have a problem with it and I dont thin anyone esle does,

like it was said b4 I think you just nervous in general.
    Anonymous

• Lol..my best friend is black I love when ppl say that. You will be find I am white and my hubby is black I am very comfy around black people and I am not one of the ghetto white woman that act black I am a successful business owner and I will say just be yourself be comfortable you will be accepted for who u are not your skin color and don't go telling everyone your best friend is black some may look at that from a different aspect good luck :)
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 7:19 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I was meaning as in I'm not racist like thats not why I feel that way. I honestly don't care what ppl think anyways lol thanks tho, hun.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:16 PM on May. 10, 2011