Do any of you walk to a outside farmer's market by your house?

I was watching a international show yesterday and I was so moved to see people shop outside farmer's markets all the time in different countries and smaller cities.Are you one of them and what kind of produce do you buy?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 5:02 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Food & Drink

• There are a bunch of them here and they are quite popular. We grow all of our own so we do not typically use them, but I think its great and a great stimulus for local farmers! I like this question :0)

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 5:04 PM on May. 9, 2011

• it's so funny you posted this!! my DH and i saw one today on a drive and were reminising about how much we missed the one from back home that was huge!!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 5:06 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Yeah I walk every saturday to one. I'll get fruit if it looks good. Some plants.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:16 PM on May. 9, 2011

• There is one sort of near my house, but with 4 kids and a busy city square, I can't feasibly walk to it. But I do like to go there to get fresh fruit and veggies in season :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:22 PM on May. 9, 2011

• The ones in the countries sell meats and everything like in a flea market ,I'm so jealous I would love to do that but then again some of these places don't have refridgerators and you have to buy your meats, milk and other perishables everyday.
    countingsparows

Comment by countingsparows (original poster) at 5:24 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I cant walk to ours, but I do drive there at least once a week for eggs and produce
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 5:27 PM on May. 9, 2011

• There are a few small ones around, but nothing close. The only really big, year round one we have is also a tourist trap.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:31 PM on May. 9, 2011

• There's one near where I go walking and jogging. I visit it often.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 6:56 PM on May. 9, 2011

• we arent within walking distance, but will drive there and spend time cruising around. even if i'm not there for anything in particular, i like to people watch and get some fresh air :)
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 7:21 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I don't walk because it is in the neighboring town (about 6 miles away) but, we do use it and we buy what ever they are offering they have everything you could need. Our WalMart has local produce too.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:04 PM on May. 9, 2011