Have any of you read this book?

Dreams from My Father, Barack Obama?

If so what did you think?

If not, why?

Do you think it is important to read such a book when developing an opinion about the President of the US? 

amazinggrace83

Asked by amazinggrace83 at 5:13 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I have skimmed it and it is full of Marxist ideology and hatred of anything English. Dinesh D'Souza wrote an excellent book called "The Roots Of Obama's Rage" that offers an interesting theory on why Obama is the way he is and he alludes to Obama's two books that Obama "authored" as indicators for his conclusions. To understand what Obama stands for and has taught to "wet behind the ears" college students, you should read "Rules for Radicals" by Saul Alinsky. Alinsky was the mentor of another despicable Marxist named Cesar Chavez. The book is must-reading for any one that thinks Obama is just a harmless progressive Democrat. He is a tool of some very sleazy people that want power and control over the "unwashed masses". That is code for the average, hardworking taxpayer.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 11:26 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Nope. I haven't read it and don't plan to.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:13 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Nope, haven't read it and I won't ... have no desire to. Don't care for him whatsoever.
    Anonymous

• Yes.... It's quite an interesting read.. IMO~ His animosity towards whites is noticable...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:09 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I don't think it's relevent because my opinions are not about the man himself, they're about the policies he impliments and the job he's doing as CiC.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 5:22 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I do not read comics.
    Anonymous

• But wouldn't a persons character and life say alot about how they are to handle things or situations?

In some cases, maybe.  I think pretty much all politicians lie.  If I keep with that thought, I can only presume that the book is filled with things he wants people to believe.  They may be true, but there is almost no way to tell since his experience hasn't led us to believe he is a man of his words.  I find him very commercial and marketable, but that doesn't lead me to believe that he is sincere in his actions.  I think he likes attention and doesn't care what is best for our country.  He is divisive and narcissistic, IMO.  I wouldn't spend my time reading his book because I don't find his character worthy (at least from what I can see). 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:43 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Just goggled it and Bill Ayers has admitted twice now that he actually wrote the book. In fact, in the piece I just read, he says Michelle asked him to do it.

Of course. Someone had to mold him into a candidate.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:02 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Sorry, I didn't finish that. I didn't read it and don't plan to because it's not what I find relevant to the seat he holds and will try to get re-elected to. I found his experience lacking and his voting record practically non-existent (I don't consider voting 'present' as doing much or taking a stand on any particular issue). He likes to talk a lot and let's face it, he's good at giving a speech. Other than that, I don't find myself captivated by his story.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:17 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I have no interest to read anything he wrote or said. He's the ultimate liar. I wouldn't believe that man if his tongue was notarized!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:23 PM on May. 9, 2011