Do you think gay people are a mistake?

I don't think this. Because if God is our creator than he doesn't make mistakes and everyone is his child. So why do most "bible" readers think that gays and lesbians are a mistake or a sin? WHat is sinful about loving someone of the same sex? The act? The sex?

Just trying to understand.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Religious Debate

• well.....it says it in the Bible, and if. (big if here) IF you believe in the Bible then you believe it is a sin. The world is a sinful place and people want to do things that are wrong all the time, God gives us free will so we can choose to follow him or not. God creates the people, people are the ones who choose to make mistakes.
    Anonymous

• no
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 5:41 PM on May. 9, 2011

• people who say that gay people are a mistake are as evil, disgusting and moronic as people who are racist.

There is only one way to understand people who think like this: they are idiotic people who are probably gay, themselves, so they hate on openly gay people because they hate themselves.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 5:41 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I don't think they are a mistake but they get it because somewhere in the old testament it says that man shall not lie with another man. Same area as describes the punishment for lying with someone unwed or rape
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 5:43 PM on May. 9, 2011

• There are even gay animals. No it's not a mistake, just a difference.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 5:45 PM on May. 9, 2011

• a mistake? no.... because we're all made from his image.

as I am getting older I feel differently about same sex oriented persons. they only have 1 life, just like me. and it's their call to live it however they want and love who their heart tells them to love, same as me. It may or may not be pleasing to God. Not my place to say whatsoever. I am not their keeper and I am not a religion scholar who knows what happens to different people when they die. We all have our own beliefs. As long as you're nice to me I could care less who's in your bed with you at night.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:45 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Excuse me I made a mistake it's in the same area as you can't sleep with your family members or brothers wife and whatnot.
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 5:46 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Gay people are not the mistake. The mistake is that homophobes misinterpreted God's intention and try to make God out to be discriminatory. That's a pretty big mistake, in my book.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe in God, not to mention "God" is supposed to be infallible so no I dont' think Gays are a mistake, nor do I think they are wrong. I think they simply are people, just like anybody else, who have found love and commitment with someone of the same sex; wheras others find the same thing with someone of the opposite sex.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:47 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I agree with you anon!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:47 PM on May. 9, 2011