Did your BABY ever FALL off of something?

i feel so bad! my daughter was sleeping in my bed. she is 7 months old. i know i shouldn't have left her in there unattended, but i did. I got up to get my 4 year old ready for preschool when i heard a loud fall and my baby crying...she had crawled to the edge and fell off the bed. I'm soooo sad about it, i can't believe i let that happen. She scraped her nose on our carpet, so it's red. my poor baby!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It happens. Don't feel guilty. She is oK and that's what is important.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:07 PM on May. 9, 2011

• As long as she's all right, don't beat yourself up about it—these things happen.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:08 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My son rollled off the bed when he was 4 months old. The bed was just a mattress on the floor at the time and I reached for a diaper when I was changing him and he rolled right off. he rolled and fell on his back and he just looked like he was shocked and then he let out a loud scream. I actually took him to the hospital because I thought I broke him. He was completely fine but I was a fist time mom so I was a real worry wart. Don't feel bad, accidents happen to the best of us.
    Anonymous

• My 24yo rolled off a bed when he was about 2-3 mos. old, he fell off a couch when he was about a year old and I am sure that my other 3 had falls but by the time my 2nd, 3rd and 4th children arrived I wasn't as easily freaked out and know that stuff just happens and those times don't stand out for me. With my oldest they do because I remember the extreme panic and guilt that I felt.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 6:13 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I think this happens to everyone. However, I would call the pediatrician. I'm more worried about the head than anything. The doctor will tell you what symptoms to look for, in case. Most likely everything is fine though.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 6:17 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Yes! Terrible! bUt she always ends up okay and her limbs are still working and in tact. It still sucks though.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:26 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Yes. My kids have rolled off the couch while I've been changing their diapers. At 18 months old my daughter figured out how to pull open the drawers of the BUILT IN armoire to get to the doors and shelves above; and fallen off I don't know how many times. They've wiggled out of my arms. They've wiggled off my lap.

When my daughter was 2 1/2 the side netting on her bed was put down while her and her brother were playing in her room. She fell off and broke her collar bone.

The list goes on and on. THANKFULLY kids bounce more often than they break.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:46 PM on May. 9, 2011

• you can not watch your kids every secound of there lifes if you have to pee and something happens in that little second nothing you could have done they will just keep on suprising you lol good luck and nothing to worry about
    jmiljies

Answer by jmiljies at 7:44 PM on May. 9, 2011

• yes. my 7 month old son was a sleep in my bed pretty much the same situation went to get my 4 year old son up for school and the baby crawled off the edge of my bed
    connorsmommy77

Answer by connorsmommy77 at 7:47 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't sweat it if she is okay, it happens to the best of us!
    Aeternam

Answer by Aeternam at 8:10 PM on May. 9, 2011