Do you think I'm pregnant? Numerous negative tests.. adult content

Not really sure when I'm supposed to be due for my period as I have crap memory and forgot to write the days down the last 2 months, but about the time I estimated based on the last written down date I have, was about a week ago and still no sign of aunt flo. I've taken a bunch of tests and they're all a clear no, but I've been bloaty, sleepy, hungry (for things that aren't normally at the top of my list of favorite foods..), today right breast started aching, and I've had a weird increase/decrease in my "female mucous"-one day there's a LOT, the next, not so much. I've been slightly crampy/twingy-but not in the same way I feel when I'm about to start with aunt flo. I've been peeing quite a bit and feel like I always have to go. Hubby and I aren't too careful with BC so it is possible.. the timing right now isn't ideal, but I'd be thrilled if I am..(he would be too once we get sorted the financial parts of things..) I'm really just stuck in limbo. My previous pregnancy in 2008 I miscarried. However, I got a VERY clear positive very early on. I felt pregnant even without the nausea or other things that I've got going on right now. At 8 weeks, I started spotting, then bleeding. Went to the ER and waited 3 hours to see a doctor and as soon as the doctor came in and tried to examine me all hell broke loose. So not only am I terrified of the aspect of how we can afford a child right now, I'm even more terrified I'm going to have another miscarriage. *sigh* I'm probably just really freaking out over nothing right? I mean, idk... I guess I'm just thinking that if I AM pregnant, I'd have gotten a positive by now..

TMFowler

Asked by TMFowler at 6:08 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Wait one full week and test again.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:15 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Thanks! I'm a compulsive tester.. I must have take 8 tests already.. It would be nice to know if I am so I could get the ball rolling with doctors and insurance and all that stuff. (and to go and tell the world)
    TMFowler

Comment by TMFowler (original poster) at 6:19 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I think your period is just late. It sounds like it's just irregular.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:24 PM on May. 9, 2011

• It's normally shifty by about 2 or 3 days forward or back.. but usually about a week before I start cramping really bad, there's been none of that.
    TMFowler

Comment by TMFowler (original poster) at 6:38 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Make an appt with the doc and have them run a blood test for pregnancy..thats a sure fire 100% either way..whether you are or arent.
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 7:43 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I tested as soon as I missed my period with first response, but i got a negative result. I tested a few more times for the next week, still negative. I waited another week and no period and tested again and got a positive result. I went on baby centers web site and looked this problem up after the first week. Some people say the tests come positive right away for them and other women say they have to wait about two weeks after their missed period. Remember that all pregnancies are different and that all expecting mothers are different.

Also a great web site to get up dates on your baby's development week by week and a lot of other services is babycenter.com. I love this site!
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 8:29 PM on May. 9, 2011

• This sounds so much like what I'm going through right now! lol (We have been off bc for 4 years though...) My period is usually right on time.... this time it is still MIA 3 days later!! I took a test on Saturday (afternoon, 2nd U of the day after a nap) and it was negative. I have one test left, but don't want to see another negative, soo I'm still waiting on Aunt Flo to show up. Sorry I am NO help, Good Luck!! :)
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 1:47 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Going to be re-testing on thursday. I'm going to try sticking to testing every 4 days as opposed to trying to test every other day =p Hopefully either AF shows up or I get a positive!
    TMFowler

Comment by TMFowler (original poster) at 6:15 PM on May. 10, 2011

• *UPDATE* Took a home test! It was positive. Went down to planned parenthood for a blood test. The doc gave me some BS about it being too early for her to authorize a blood test and THEIR stick test came back negative. So she made an appointment for me to come back in next week and retest.
    ....however, not long after I got home I started spotting. Normally when I get my period it comes on suddenly and with full force. The only time I have experienced this "spotting" was in my last 2 pregnancies when I started miscarrying. It's gradually increasing (just like before..). So now, we just accepted that we were more than likely pregnant and then this nightmare starts all over again. Now I'm wondering why I can't carry a pregnancy past 8 weeks. This is the 3rd miscarriage I'll be having. I don't think I can take much more of this.
    TMFowler

Comment by TMFowler (original poster) at 12:58 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Still holding out a bit of hope for things as the spotting is still light. Will keep everyone posted! *fingers crossed*
    TMFowler

Comment by TMFowler (original poster) at 11:38 AM on May. 19, 2011