OMG...GIL drama?!?! WTH??

So...DH's grandmother emailed me, addressing DH, that she needs him to run errands for her while she's away for a while. When I asked DH if he got her email, he said "no" so I let him read mine since he was right there. He noticed she'd sent an email to the wrong email instead of his, so I emailed her back letting her know she had the wrong email for DH and gave her his correct one (which she's had for several years) and also told her I let DH read this email.

SO...she emailed me today and said that if she sends it to me, I'll be sure to give him the message and asked if DH and I ever communicate.

And, then, she said they missed us at Easter and yesterday and would like us to "make more of an effort to see the family...."

IL's like to pull me into their drama, so DH and I haven't been going out of our way to see the entire side of his family even though we make every effort to see his parents.

WTH??!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I would ignore it, I mean she is right.. if she emails you he gets to see it. past that ignore it.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 6:12 PM on May. 9, 2011

• i am thinking that maybe she just wanted to see you more? maybe make it on your terms when and where you meet and also don't just e-mail asking for favors, that visiting and get togethers go both ways.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:12 PM on May. 9, 2011

• just let it pass, thats the drama you wanna avoid. Let it go in one ear and let it go out from the other one.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:14 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I don't see any drama
    Anonymous

• sounds like my DHs grandmother. she started sending us letters like that, thinking that I was keeping him away from everyone. My BIL let us know that grandma had basically 'written us off' since we hadn't contacted her in years.
    when the truth was that at that time I was contacting her at least every 2 weeks. She had just spoken to me about a week before hand.

from what I hears she was 'devistated that the letters weren't from just DH, and that I typed them out on a computer! that I couldn't be bothered to hand write it!'

they were from a computer so I could set the font super big because she's legally blind, and my handwriting is terrible. DH told me what he wanted to say. If she was waiting for him to get around to sending a letter alone then she would have been waiting forever!

has she had a physical? sounds like she might be getting paranoid. DH's grand is now in a rest home.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:31 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Ignore it, she's obviously PA and very needy.

In the future, just forward anything that she send directly to him- then, if he reads it or not is on him, not you.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:31 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Thanks, ItsMe89 and ObbyDobbie! :-)

She needs a physical! And, she's going to be moving to a rest home, too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:03 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Yeah, I would ignore it :)
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 9:01 PM on May. 9, 2011