What can I do?

My hubby's family is obsessed about weight and he comes from a family of 3 sisters and he was raised by his mom. I am in no way overweight ( have boobs and butt from genes) and I weigh 115 and I'm 5'4.
his sisters are sickly thin and they don't really have a body (no butt, modest boobs) and they tend to make comments like "wow " when I bend over to pick up things or I actually heard one of them say "what is she doing trying to show off for our men?" when I was pickinig up toys.
What the hell? It's starting to make me feel self conscious and uncomfortable around them. My hubby is a great uncle to his sister's kids and I love the kids but I cannot stand the wicked sisters. I think they might have a screw loose.
Should I say something to them or should I just brush it off? I don't want to create even more tension by stirring the fued.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• i would say "don't be jealous now"....

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:19 PM on May. 9, 2011

• flaunt what you got sista! screw em
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 6:20 PM on May. 9, 2011

• ask your hubby to talk to them . i'm a bit over weight not much but my hubby and his family are really skinny so i get what you mean
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:21 PM on May. 9, 2011

• i would say something they may be saying it to be ugly or jelousy but either way if its bothering you...you need to say something...and he should stand behing you in your decision right or wrong how ever you look at it.....they may just be being ugly cause their ur sisters and they tend to do i my brother called me fat a** for years growing up finally one day i told him how much it hurt my feelings and he never realized it hurt me he just called me that to give me hell
    dixiemomma1187

Answer by dixiemomma1187 at 6:21 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I avoid confrontation.... I'd likely write a short note saying something like "I've lost all the weight I can safely lose but my chest and backside are genetic. I heard you make a comment and it really made me uncomfortable...." give 'em a little guilt. you might not get an apology but it'll at least stop
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:21 PM on May. 9, 2011

• – collapse
    don't bend over in front of their men. that's just rude
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on May. 9, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• i would in the most mature way tell them that it is no way appropriate to talk like that to you or about you and it hurts your feelings and they are not setting good examples for the kids. trust me girl i feel your pain high school was hell for me b/c i was very thin and very busty. I got those comments and much worse and the best advice i ever got was to take care of it before it overcame you and made you feel bad. Don't ever feel bad for what god gave you or feel that you can't wear things b/c of what it might look like you are trying to "show off" be comfortable in your skin!! tell those skinny no tittie bitches to fuck off!!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:24 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I would remind them that eating candybars can do wonders. Now that I've got the hateful out, if they are so jealous why don't you see if you guys can bring the kids to your house to visit without the husbands there since that is what they seem to be insecure about.
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 6:24 PM on May. 9, 2011

• just to clear some things up, I don't do a sexy squat like a stripper when I pick up toys and I dress very modestly. I usually wear fitted jeans and a nice top which does not have cleavage.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:40 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My husband has a family member who is obsessed with being way too skinny. Every time I see her she asks if I have lost weight. The reason that's ridiculous is because it's obvious that I have not. We think it's her underhanded way of telling me I should, because she obviously can't stand fat. I just blow it off. I always answer that I highly doubt I have lost weight because I'm not trying to and don't even weigh myself. I am not obese, just pudgy, so I don't really care. I'm wondering if she will ever get the clue that it's annoying and makes her obsession with fat more obvious.There is one thing that my husband and I have agreed will force us into addressing her comments or questions. If she EVER says anything to our daughters about it! Neither of us will let her impose a bad body image on them! I am comfortable with my body the way it is, and we want our daughters to feel the same way. We refuse to let her affect that.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 10:42 PM on May. 9, 2011