drinks to much

my three old loves to drink it all she will do she wont eat until she really hungry but she will drink all day and it doesnt matter what its is i give her water most of the time but its annoying cause if i dont give her something to drink she will find any random cup thats lying to drink from ,is this normal ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my daughter does the same thing but she also eats alot i was worried and had the doc test her for diabetis she dont have it but i think it is just how some kids are
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:03 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I would let her pedi know. She seems like she is always thirsty and can't drink enough could be a sign of a diabetic. Not trying to scare you but just ask.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I agree with the others about asking her ped.But they have nutritional drinks.That will keep her happy with the drinking and you with the nutrition.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:21 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Habbit I think. Dont give in and pick up the stuff laying around so she cant have it. My parents used to not let us have our drink at meals until we had eaten at least half because we were bad about this. As long as your ped doesnt think she has a problem with her sugar..extreme thirst and peeing a lot then I think it is just a bad habbit and YOU will have to help her break it. My 3 yr old son was soooo bad about this..wouldnt eat a thing but we called him the camel..all he did was drink..so we cut him off..he got mad but he got over it. Good luck
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:34 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My 3 year old does this as well, she hardly eats at all. She may pick during the day here and there, but never a full meal. My ped. kept saying "don't make her, she will eat when she wants, don't worry." That was a year and a half ago. She is 3 and fits into 18 months clothes sizes. I was at my wits end when he decided to run some tests. Turns out she has Acid Reflux, so it actually bothers her to eat, so we have her on some medicine, but pretty much just have to let her be, give her snacks all day and let her drink pediasure and things like that to get protein. Good luck, and I'm sure she is going to be just fine.
    lostinthechaos

Answer by lostinthechaos at 11:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• have the doctor check for her sugar levels.....it happened to one of my students....he was always drinking and at the water fountain at school....ended up his sugar levels were off the charts...better to be safe than sorry
    jmvtmom

Answer by jmvtmom at 4:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2008