What are some good ways to...

What are some good ways to get rid of baby acne and cradle crap on a 1 month old?

Mamakat90

Asked by Mamakat90 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i was always told to use baby oil put it on the babys head and take a comb to it like scrap it with the comb but not enought to hurt the baby
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• for the cradle cap theirs a special shampoo you can buy for it.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Squirt it with breastmilk and rub with soft cloth. Worked like a charm for us.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 11:18 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• For baby acne, there's nothing you can really do. Just leave it alone and it will go away on it's own. For cradle cap, like the PP said, baby oil or Vaseline works well. Put it on, let it set for a few minutes, then gently scrub at it. If your baby doesn't have a lot of hair, a washcloth works well enough to scrub. Then just wash it good with a gentle soap (like Dove) or baby shampoo. You may have to do this a few times (with 3 or 4 days in between) before it completely clears up.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 11:20 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yeah, just let the baby acne go and don't put anything on it. Only use a wet cloth to wipe baby's face. I understand wanting to do something, my daughter's beautiful one month pics have little pimples in them . . . oh well, she still looks like an angel. The were completely gone before her 2 month pics. Dont worry Mama, soon your baby will have the beautiful skin again that makes all us Mama's jealous!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My son is 5 now but when he was between 4 and 6 weeks he had that. I tired everything. My ped gave me a sample af Eucerin Calming Creme. It worked great. If does cost about 10 dollars a bottle, but you can get it from Wal-Mart. We are never without a bottle. Even after five years I still use it. When his face gets wind rash from being outside I put a little on him and in like 2 days it is gone. I love the stuff..
    luvmiangels

Answer by luvmiangels at 11:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• luvmiangles-- which did you use it on? The acne or the cradle crap?
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My Dr. also said using the same conditioner on their cradle cap as you use on your head is ok. Rub a small amount on then put a cap on them so they can't rub it in their eyes. he said do it over night and then wash their hair the next day and it will help. I would leave the baby acne alone. It goes away on it's own...so will the cradle cap though.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 12:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• We use baby shampoo, and a slightly stiffer hair brush to scrub the head--it took a few days but the cradle cap went away-- The AAP doesn't recommend doing anything for it. Baby acne will go away on its own as well. Just do what you are comfortable with.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I used it on the cradle cap. Most moms want use this but I used a very little hydrocordazone 1% (the ped said it was ok, just dont use it a long peorid of time.) Another mother told me about that and thats when I started using it. I did work.
    luvmiangels

Answer by luvmiangels at 2:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2008