This may sound stupid but can amniotic fluid leak?

like on to your underwear?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes it happened to me and like within a week i had my daughter so you might be going to have a baby soon good luck
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yes it can! You should probably call your OB and let her know.
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yes, it's possible that it can start leaking out. It's also not likely, but dangerous. It could be that your discharge is thinning and increasing, which happens at the end of the pregnancy or that you could be leaking a little urine. But, better safe than sorry. If you have any suspicions that you may be leaking amniotic fluid get in to see your doctor.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:12 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I agree with Slinkee. IF you are one of the few that do have a leak, you'll want to know as soon as possible to reduce the risk of complications. From what I remember, there is a lot of "moisture" down there at the end, but some women really do leak amniotic fluid. The doctor can do a simple test to let you know.
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 11:16 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yes. I agree with Slinkee and risonski. There is an increase in discharge, but if you think it might be amniotic fluid, then you should have it checked. Just remember that amniotic fluid doesn't smell like urine or anything.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:19 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yes it can leak, You need to call your doctor because if it is amniotic fluid your are at risk for infection.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Not a stupid question! It can definitely happen. It's one way your water can break. It's generally from what's called a high leak, which means that the amniotic sac has a tear high in the uterus. I had a high leak (I was full term), and I thought it was just a loss of bladder control, worse than what I was already experiencing. By the end of the day, we decided to go ahead and stop in at labor and delivery, convinced they'd be sending us home. Sure enough, we went home a few days later with a baby! So hopefully, you're full term, and well on your way to having your baby! (and if you're NOT, CALL YOUR OB ASAP!!!!)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:28 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yes it can.
    3peasinthepod

Answer by 3peasinthepod at 11:34 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yes and needs to be checked if u seriously think thats what it is but its prob not. could be something else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• well I been leaking like clear stuff water like but was not sure what it was. Does it have a smell?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Dec. 5, 2008