Are your children's names popular?

Are they going to be one of 4 in their class. I know when I went to school there was always 4 Stacie's all spelled different and they had to go by either Stacie D, or Stacie with a "y", Stacie with an "ie", Stacie, with an "I"

not knocking common names, I was just wondering what will distinguish them? My son's name is not common, but my daughter's name Savannah, seems to be very popular.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 6:41 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Baby Names

• It seems my daughter's name was number one in the UK and Australia the year she was born. I guess luckily for us, it wasn't in the US.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:49 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My son's name is Wolfgang Catch B. I am a fan of very unique names so none of my children will have the problem. I hope they never meet another child their age with the same name. If so, it will be an amazing coincidence.
    Wolfgang isn't sooo rare, but it is rare in the USA among new babies.
    Blue_Spiral

Answer by Blue_Spiral at 6:50 PM on May. 9, 2011

• our last name is extremely common in the US, so we wanted a name that wasnt popular. we chose fischer for our son and ive only heard of one other (and that was on tv, not in our area).
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 6:50 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My 4 year old sons name is Gavin Leo. Leo after my grandpa and dad.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 6:43 PM on May. 9, 2011

• well when I called my daughter Amaya I didnt know of any, now I know of a few.......its becoming more popular.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:45 PM on May. 9, 2011

• my 2 year old's name is Savannah, and it is getting pretty popular! We named her after the city. My name wasn't very popular when i grew up, and even today it's still not super popular. My other daughter's names are Lily and Taylor. Lily wasn't popular 5 years ago when I picked it but now there are Lily/Lilly's everywhere. Taylor is so-so on the popularity list.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:45 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My girls names are Kaya and Darby....so I don't think there will be many of the same name in their classes
    doula-mom25

Answer by doula-mom25 at 6:45 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My daughter's name was on the recently released (on the stir) worst names. The reason was d/t to the many different spellings. We spelled her name the traditional way, duh! It's a lovely, not overly common name that people evidently have ruined with their many creative spellings.

My son has a very traditional, classic name that never falls out of favor-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:46 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Neither of my children's names are in the top 100. I wanted it that way. Although, my older son's name was a lot lower on the list when I had him 12 years ago and it's been moving up the list since.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:46 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I did this on this site when my daughter was born and it said fewer than 200 now it says

•There are fewer than 1,560 people in the U.S. with the first name Amaya.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:47 PM on May. 9, 2011