Ugh. Anyone else dealt with this?

So we just moved here and living with in-laws. We don't have much room. All of us have one large basket for our clean cloths. Thats all we have room for right now! DD's is already slightly overflowing. But the neighbor has took it upon herself to give and/or buy my daughter cloths. Really, its nice to receive free things...when you want them. But now I have to be the bitch to say NO MORE! DD loves the cloths but this is becoming a habit and I have no where to put this stuff.

Anyone else had to tell a neighbor to cut out being nice?

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 6:46 PM on May. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Maybe you could just take the clothes,and pass some on to a charity,maybe a homeless shelter or battered women's shelter or something like that. I know most of the people in both places pretty much leave with whatever they have on their backs,and that's it. Just a thought. Best wishes to you all.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 6:53 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I think you need to tell the neighbor what you put in your question: that you have almost no space for any clothes, and while it was REALLY nice of her to give you the clothes, you just don't have space for any more, so until your daughter outgrows what she has, you really can't take anything else.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:56 PM on May. 9, 2011

• No, I am sorry to say I haven't had this problem! I have lived with my MIL for the last two years, thank God or I would be homeless! We are all on top of each other over here too and I understand the problem. I have bought hangers for the backs of every door and we have towels, clothes on hangers all over the place. Have you tried under bed boxes? I would just nicely tell her how fast kids grow, and that you have limited space.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 6:51 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Right now our "bed" is an air mattress.
    SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 6:52 PM on May. 9, 2011