Should i be annoyed at sil

my hubby comes from a big family of 7 . i come a family of 2 and we not close so sometimes i dono if i'm being a cow or not .

anyway dh youngest sister is only 19 and has an 18 month old kid who she makes out to be perfect where as she talks to my 2 year old like he is a monster she got in an accident a few years ago with a taxi and won loads of money so when she had her baby the money come threw she basically never worked a day in her life and got everything she  got a 3 bedroom house in a great area with a great back garden . she still has loads of money left and her 1 kid has everything expensive .

so I'm a mum of 4 kids 2 are my bio 2 and my 2 step we don't have much money but we get by we have what we need the kids are always dressed nice but we dont buy into all that named stuff why pay so much more for something just because of a name 

sil said she wanted to by the step trainers for there birthday fine by me so on step daughters  birthday a week ago sil called and said SHE WOULD BE DOWN ! i was a bit annoyed as she never asked if it was ok she told me! anyway we were going to mil so dh told her to meet us there  but niver told sil why . it was because we did not want her turning up at out house because we were phoneing pizza for tea watching a family film and having cake we did not want people turning up it spoils it . so sil turns up at mother in law and gives sd the trainer there Nike and nice but step daughter is 8 she said thank you and was polite but sil keep saying don't you like them look there Nike its what you should be wearing and there pink . step daughter said they were nice and she liked them but to her there just trainers so she was not existed . so i was annoyed that sil seams to think kids should be fashionable from day one she got her son dressed up like he going clubing  . she think step daughter  at 8 should think more about shoes than toy's .

so today is step sons birthday. yesterday we went down to mil so step son could get gift from mil as today step son has school and we had the  same plan of pizza and movie and cake my kids dont get take away a lot so it a big thing on there birthday they get to pick and everything . anyway sil was in mil and told me I WILL BE OVER TOMORROW again i was annoyed as again she never asked she just told me she be over so dh told sil 4pm then , we said 4 as we want tea for 5 so 4pm came and went no sil at 5 are pizza came no sil so we put the movie on and after tea we were just about to cut the cake step son had just blown out the candles  and the movie was getting good and sil turned up at the door . so i was pissed this is what i did not want we had to pause the film. sil had trainers for step son he just tuned 10 and again she was all look there nice how cool are they my step son was the same he said thanks and said there Nice there polite kids but sil keep saying well take them out the box look at them there nike  so step son tried one on to make her happy . but again i felt sister in law was way over doing it there a pair of trainer yes there nice but its not like my kids care about that stuff yet . i know they will when there teens but not yet . to top it of my 2 year old son was trying everything to get the cake as he seen it come threw but it was not cut and sil keep saying how bad he was for trying to get the cake

he is 2 is cake and he wants a bit not his fault someone turned up at cake cutting time .

so would you be pissed off ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow i would be. And at least your kids are behaving.
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 6:58 PM on May. 9, 2011

• oh and i am dyslexic before anyone starts
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:53 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Nope---I wouldn't be piss. I just would have offered her cake and went on with it.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 6:57 PM on May. 9, 2011

• she niver got any cake !
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:04 PM on May. 9, 2011

• it was not a birthday party it was a family meal and dvd and cake no one but me dh and kids  was there i don't believe in kids having parties ever year i never . they only get a party every few years 

my wont my family don't turn up without asking and yes i be just as annoyed if not more if she did it to my sons . you just don't turn up at someone house you call and ask if its ok and you don't just turn up an hour and a half late i never dream of that .

so how is family time selfish ?

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:39 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I would have ignored the door. Then later, if she called to complain tell her that she was told to show up at 4. She didn't show at that time. Too bad, so sad.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:14 PM on May. 9, 2011

• really you think kids need to have a party every year they dont the need to have a fuss made of them and be loved they get that every year without fail the cakes for the family to eat. and no xmas if also just family we do go see mil but we call 1st and ask if its ok to go down . easter not a big deal for us as we dont belive there is a god . and were in the uk we dont do 4th of july .
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:10 AM on May. 10, 2011

• i wouldnt have opened the door for her to come in. lol. and as far as her thinking that the 2 year old is bad for trying to get cake..... she should be around my family when there is a cake for a birthday! We have adults trying the icing and kids swarming the cake. hahaha they are kids and no one gets that kind of stuff everyday. tell her to get over herself or stay away.
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 10:23 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I wouldn't be mad at least she's trying to be involved she probably doesn't even think that it bothers you that she just says she's coming over. why does it bother you that they want to be there for the kids and give them presents and did you give the children 2 birthday party's or 1 because you can't expect no one to want to come to the birthday party's so calling that family time is selfish on your part!!! would you be so upset if it was for your bio-kids? my suggestion is if you want a private party with just the family you should also have one for everyone. and the fact that she wanted them to be excited about the shoes is because she wanted them to have something from her everyone wants the kids to like the gift they bought the kids.
    >

traren

Answer by traren at 7:23 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I suggest that you talk to her next time she just tells you that she'll be over and explain to her that we want family time that night but then set up another night that she can come over so she can still be involved and you have more control over when she visits. and she doesn't ruin your family plans.

traren

Answer by traren at 7:26 PM on May. 9, 2011