My daughter is five and she has a temper from hell and is mean mean mean what can i do the other kids are not like this and she is so awful and we have no idea why or what to do to make her be good listen and nice and to stop the lieing to hurt people adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on May. 9, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You need to be consistent when dealing w/ her undesired behavior. If she is in school, I would talk to her teacher & even the counselor about how she behaves for them & hopefully get some helpful hints to deal w/ her. If it's really bad, make her an appt. w/ a behavior specialist. GL!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:10 PM on May. 9, 2011

• What forms of punishment/discipline have you tried so far? What kind of things does she do? Does something provoke her to act that way? Sorry, just trying to get a little more info.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:11 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Ok, a child learns from there surounding so she is not a mean child. You need to start narrowing everything down from how she is treated in school (which is exactly why I homeschool) and the way she is treated at home. If you guys yell and scream at home then she will do the same, just giving you and example. Think about it she is a baby still (5yrs old) and your the only one who can teach her right from wrong and let her know you still love her even when shes having a fit. I went through some very tough times with my 4 yr old son when he was 3 but things have calmed down so much because he knows now after testing out the limits that we are the parents and he is the child and what we say goes. We even learned from him, we chose to stop spanking him on his butt cause it didnt work and instead we used time outs and it worked. Every child is different and you just have to find what works for them. You sound like your running out
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:33 PM on May. 9, 2011

• cont.... of patients but your mom thats not an option. Hang in there and dont take your frusterations out on her, trust me it will just make it worse and will damage her in the mean time.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:34 PM on May. 9, 2011

• i have tried taking away the toys timeouts and even just talking to her and explaining to her that it was wrong and what the proper thing to do is but nothing helps she just dont care
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:14 PM on May. 9, 2011

• i am only being honest she is mean to her brother and hurts him and says really bad things that i dont know where she learned them and she is rude and you tell her that you are taking away her toys and she says ok and puts them up herself and doesnt touch them and still gets in trouble she has been kicked out of school already for saying mean things to the teachers i am just not sure where to go from here thats why i asked i love my kids and am not saying otherwise i just asked for some advice is all on what you would do
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:22 PM on May. 9, 2011

• i am a very paitent person i never spank my children i dont like violence time outs and taking the things they enjoy away i explain to her what she is doing isnt the right way to do things she just seems like even though she has to sit there it dont bother her i am just running out things to take away and at the same time she just keeps telling people bad things that are not true so thank you for all of your advice and i will look into it all
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:04 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Are you really talking about your 5 yr old child that way? Every child goes through there defiant stage and you just have to deal with it the best you can. You sound a little degrading towards her which is shocking to me cause I would never say anything like that about my child. None of us can tell you how to parent but I just hope you find something that works for you and your child with out being physical.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:15 PM on May. 9, 2011