Why do abusive parents (who seem to hate their children) keep having children?

Police: Couple Locked 5 Kids In Room
Couple locked their five kids in a room. When found by the police, the children were covered in urine and feces. One child was an infant.

What is up with this scenario?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 7:13 PM on May. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• That's just disgusting. They should be jailed, the kids given to a loving home, the so-called poor excuse for parents made to pay for their counseling for the all the damage they caused & then finally, court-ordered spaying & neutering! I know that's not PC to say, but for people like that, having a sterile environment to do the procedure is about as humane as they deserve!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:17 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I guess sex with birth control is just not on the radar for them? They have these kids on & then realize it work I guess & not "fun" work. Maybe they have drug abuse issues as well which would result in them not caring as much about the kids & caring more about their habit. Who knows!
    Anonymous

• So Sad! Poor babies! :(
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 7:18 PM on May. 9, 2011

• No one reports them, they act differently when others are around? They are selfish? It's hard to say. But my belief is that "just because you can procreate doesn't mean you should."

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:18 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Those I believe are the people who will go to hell. God gives us such beautiful lifes and to do something so disgusting with them deserves some very seriouse consequences. It saddens me so much for any child do go through such pain because of the horrible/evil people out there who never deserved them in the first place.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:20 PM on May. 9, 2011

• after reading the article, it seems the father was the abusive one. the mother was actually out getting diapers when the police arrived. she was probably just a desperate, naive woman who was stuck. sometimes people don't know they have other options. while most of us know we wouldn't allow a man to treat our kids in such a way, maybe she had no choice. maybe he threatened to kill her or them if she didn't comply. who knows?

i feel awful for those kids and what they had to endure. it is heartbreaking when children are brought into this world only to be treated like this. i would have no problem if they forced sterilization on the father.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:20 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I can't buy the mom isnt partly to blame here..they were in a room with poop & they were dirty. She could give the poor children a bath!
    Anonymous

• yea anon, she is partly to blame. no doubt about it. i wasn't saying she should be excused for what happened to the children.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:24 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I honestly think people like this should get a court order to be sterilized. I don't understand this either, these poor children, they are going to have issues for life I'm sure. I don't understand how you can say you love your children then do this to them.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:26 PM on May. 9, 2011

• It does sound like the mother was a very battered woman but that is still no excuse for locking them in a fece smeared room
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:27 PM on May. 9, 2011