Cursing

what kind of words or phrases do you use instead of cussing. i realized today i really do cuss alot. i need to break this habit

dramaMama407

Asked by dramaMama407 at 7:16 PM on May. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Fudge, for the f-bomb and cheetos for sh!t.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 7:24 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I don't cuss. Most of the time I say "wow" or "goodness gracious" but more than anything I try to count to 5 before I speak at all. It's not hard for me because I never got in the habit of cussing - wasn't allowed to as a child and by the time I was on my own those words just felt foreign when I said them.

Answer by missanc at 7:25 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I say, "Goodness!" or "Jimminy-Crickets!" Sounds cheesey, but it sure helps relieve the tension of a stubbed toe and the like!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 8:28 PM on May. 9, 2011

• good luck we were at 4bs and they ran out of pie my daughter stood upi and said fuck i almost peed
    jmiljies

Answer by jmiljies at 8:31 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I have no idea, I cuss and have no substitutes. I've been told by my mother I cuss too much but none of my kids cuss (well my 5 year old does when she's mad - but she has never cussed at school or in public) so until my dirty mouth becomes an issue I have no intentions to change.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 10:38 PM on May. 9, 2011

• now i see why im obsessed with this website...you guys make me laugh! im going to have to keep these in mind so i can clean it up. anon1986east...sounds just like me. but recently i felt like crap when we went to an amusement park and my phone was going off and i pulled it out, it went right over the railing of a kiddie ride and outta my mouth came"oh sh!t" as my phone broke in 3 peices. i was soooo embarrassed of my mouth.
    dramaMama407

Comment by dramaMama407 (original poster) at 10:44 PM on May. 9, 2011

• shoot and dangit
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:54 PM on May. 10, 2011