Have you ever played this game with your kids?

DD1 (4yrs on May 14th) loves sandwiches, especially "budder n jelly" or "cheese on the bwead."

One of my favorite things to do is "forget" how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, so that she has to "teach" me how to make one. I get really silly with it. I'll put the jar on the bread slice when she tells me to put the peanut butter or the jelly on the bread, unless she tells me to open the jar and use a spoon or knife to get the stuff out. Even if she tells me that, I "forget" how to spread, and just lay the utensil on the bread. She has so much fun and we both giggle quite a bit. It takes a lot longer to make a sandwich though, lol. Writing how-to essays in school was always fun, and I like to think I'm giving her early practice at that.

AmourSpork

Asked by AmourSpork at 7:25 PM on May. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I've never done that with food, but I did that when I was helping them get dressed. It was always putting things on wrong or upside down, inside out, socks over shoes sort of thing and they'd get a kick out of it. Good for you for making it entertaining with food for her.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 7:28 PM on May. 9, 2011

• my two little ones had this game they used to like to do and the first time they did it was at the d.m.v and had the whole place rolling!! my my son layed down on his back and yelled "I'm Peanut Butter" and then my daughter layed on top of him and yelled "And I'm Jelly" and then they both yelled together "And We're a Sandwich!" i almost peed my pants laughing so hard!! so we would randomly smoosh together and pretend to be sandwiches and change the ingredients!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 7:29 PM on May. 9, 2011