Is my baby normal???

My baby is almost 8 months old and she's still not sitting by herself. She also brings her feet up when I try to make her stand up, and her doctor said he's not concerned, but he's not a Pediatrician. Should I be concerned????

chilanga00

Asked by chilanga00 at 7:31 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope. All 3 of my girls didn't sit up until ten months and didn't even think about walking until 16m, one was 18m. Just let her do things in her time. My girls were lazy and did feel the need to travel on their own. Now they are 2, 5, and 6 and perfectly healthy and developmentally on track
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:48 PM on May. 9, 2011

• That seems late to me in comparison to my children, and all children develop at different rates but I'm not sure what the outer range is for those things. You can always call early intervention in your area and ask for a developmental evaluation to see if there is a delay.

Answer by missanc at 7:36 PM on May. 9, 2011

• All babies develop at different times. I'd give her a little more time, but I wouldn't be trying to make her stand if she isn't even sitting yet.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:39 PM on May. 9, 2011

• ALll babies are different. If you are bringing it up at the well-child, and the doctor is not concerned, then I wouldn't worry.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:46 PM on May. 9, 2011

• some baby take longer than other my son just about 8 months and only started rolling from front to back but wont from back to front why because he to busy wanting to be carried he never down on the floor 2 sec before he crying to be picked up . lol you maybe should try getting her one of them circle shaped seat that you can put her in so she can get some practise sittin with suport  in but don't worry she will get there

Anonymous

• thanks, I'm just not sure of what normal is
    chilanga00

Comment by chilanga00 (original poster) at 7:40 PM on May. 9, 2011

• it depends on the baby if she had a rough start then yes she will be behind or too early but not always sometimes they just wait till there good and ready my son didnt crawl at all he went straight to walking so when she does so it she will do it well and you can also use things to help pillows around her or a boppy walkers ect
    jmiljies

Answer by jmiljies at 7:42 PM on May. 9, 2011

• If she's not weight bearing when you're holding her up, that's concerning to me. She technically should be sitting by now, but it's not bad if she's not. Does she sit in a Bumbo type seat?
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 7:47 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Oh, wait. I just read the part about your doctor not being a pediatrician. Does your baby have a pediatrician?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:48 PM on May. 9, 2011

• If you feel that something is wrong then seek advice from another doctor, or maybe she will just be late on some things but completely healthy.
    Aeternam

Answer by Aeternam at 8:09 PM on May. 9, 2011