I got accepted!! what should I do?!!

Okay mommies I am totally freaking out. I am a parent of three and I am pretty young. Well, I finally got up the courage to apply for my dream university and I got an acceptance letter!!! But I am sooo unsure, Should I go to a big university? I am a young mother who has to work as well. I don't know if this is the right time but I am so tired of struggling and being on assistance, I want to do this. I thought maybe I should go to a online school or a for-profit university because they cater more toward working mothers. What do you think? Is it better for a single mother to go to University or Online Schooling. And does where I go to school matter to employers?

symle456

Asked by symle456 at 7:54 PM on May. 9, 2011 in

• No matter what you do, do it for your kids and you won't go wrong. It's going to be hard either way and what every way you go, just remind yourself that your doing this to provide a better life for you and your children. Spend as much quality time as possible with your kiddos and make it the best part of their day. Good luck mama! You can do this!!!! xoxoxoxo
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 7:59 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Where your diploma is from DOES matter to some employers. Online classes are astronomically expensive compared to a Community college. Online schools can be great accredited schools...but there are some that just want your money and act like a papermill. Check accrediitation carefully. Is this University within commute distance of your home? Have you applied for grants and scholarships? Nobody can tell you what the right choice is but you. Good Luck.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:01 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I wish I had the crystal ball with the right answer for you. You have to do what is best for you and your children. Congrats!!!!! Proud of you!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone. I am so scared of making a bad mistake or failing but if it wasn't meant to be I wouldn't have gotten in. At least thats what I keep telling myself.
    symle456

Comment by symle456 (original poster) at 8:06 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Look into your options. Some schools offer programs to help out single moms.
    Anonymous

• Online courses from an accredited school are OK but nothing compares to interacting with the profs and students in actual classes. If you fail you know you gave it your best shot! You deserve the best and you can do it. Good for you for trying and getting accpted! hug
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 8:22 PM on May. 9, 2011

• the right college is good to research. We went back to school after having my daughter, and chose Virginia College online. It sounded great, was very convenient to what we needed at the time, and was just perfect! Turned out to be $17,000 A PIECE. We dont have degrees bc we tried to transfer to our community college, and they didn't accept the credits. Turned out to be a nationally accredited not regionally, bummer. Do your research!!!! It is very important and YES most employers do base something off the school you choose.
    sabinam

Answer by sabinam at 8:27 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Have confidence in the fact that your dream school school accepted you! They wouldn't have if they didn't think you'd be able to do the work. Best of luck!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:45 PM on May. 10, 2011