22 weeks and 17 pounds. Is this bad?

I am freaking about it just a little bit. I only gained a total of 24 pounds with my first. I started out at 111 pounds (only 4'11) and am now 128. Is this bad? The Dr. doesn't think so but I am putting on more than most I have talked to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think you could probably be a little more careful about high calorie things you may be eating. The time when you should be gaining the most weight is still ahead of you. I would be increasing the veggie intake and cutting some of the processed flour, sugar, potatoes and rice for a while.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:08 PM on May. 9, 2011

• sounds about right to me....i put on way more. don't worry about your weight, just take care of yourself.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:08 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Hi with my first I put on about 30 pounds. My little man was healthy when he was born. The only thing that was wrong is that I had a ton of weight to lose afterward... Make sure you are eating right and healthy and if you are you might want to double check your portions. If you go to www.babycenter.com it tells you what kind of foods to eat and how much, also good exercises to do while you are pregers. Also they have a link for MyPyramid for moms takes your height, weight and due date to average what a proper nutritional diet is for you and your growing baby.

http://www.babycenter.com/eating-for-two

http://www.mypyramid.gov/mypyramidmoms/pyramidmoms_plan.aspx
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 8:24 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Honey I gained 90 dang lbs with my first! Thats someting to worry about!!!!
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 8:51 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I started out at about 180, which, seems like a lot, but I've always been thick, and its just my normal body weight. I'm now at 270. I'm a beached whale at this point, but my doctor doesn't seem to be concerned about the almost 100 pound weight gain! If your doctor isn't worried, you're fine.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 10:58 PM on May. 9, 2011

• im 23 weeks and ive gained 9lbs. my pre-pregnancy weight was 122.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 12:05 AM on May. 10, 2011