How old were your kids when you gave them their first hair cuts, also what are their genders?

Octobersmom

Asked by Octobersmom at 8:31 PM on May. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• all of my children got their first haircut when they were 3 they are now girl-32,boy-30 and girl-25 so now they can cut their own hair and their childrens
    nannalisa

Answer by nannalisa at 8:39 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My daughter's hair was about 2 inches when she was born. She will be 3 in July and still has yet to get a haircut. I don't like bangs. Her hair is about to her waist, but it's never in her face, because I do her hair every day and she loves it (maybe not the process...but loves it once it's done..lol). I guess she'll get her first cut when I notice split ends. I didn't get my first hair cut until I was like 4 and it was past my waist.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:20 AM on May. 10, 2011

• DS was 11 months. His hair was starting to grow over his ears and he looked like a girl. DD was 22 months. She was practically bald still but we did it more for show than necessity because we were at Disney World. She got cute little first haircut mickey ears.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:33 PM on May. 9, 2011

• my kids were about bald when they were born. I have girls. I cut their hair when they were 2 and that was just enough to put into their baby books. They didn't start getting a lot of hair until they were about 2.5. My kids hair grows slow. My oldest is 6 I have never cut her hair other than a trim and her hair is only to the middle of her back or almost there. My youngest is 3 and she doesn't even have shoulder length hair yet lol.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:35 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My dd had crazy hair. I didn't cut it till she was one year though. Then it was just her bangs. In her entire life she has had about six inches cut off.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 8:37 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My son got his first haircut when he was about 1.5. IT was growing too long over his ears and had this curly-q in the back that made him look like a girl :( it was so cute it was hard to cut but people said oh your little girl is cute or she this that and the other....so yeah had to go :(.
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 9:46 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Both my kids had a good amount of hair when they were born, dd got a bang trim at age 8 months, but I didnt cut the ends till she was 3. Her hair grows crazy! At 3 it was way down her back.
    DS was almost 2, as it was curly and getting a bit long and I also got the "whats HER name " comments, so I cut it!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 10:04 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Oldest daughter was 2.5 years old. Youngest is 2.5 and won't get a cut anytime soon.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 10:15 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My son was 4 1/2 months! He was born with tons and tons of hair! He still has tons, he's now 8 months and he gets a cut every 4 weeks!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:30 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My oldest son was about 4 1/2 months, and it was really pushing it to wait that long. I should have done it longer. All of our other boys started looking shaggy when they were between 6 and 8 months. I do it about every 3 weeks because I LOVE the clean cut look! Our daughters have only had their first, taking a few inches off, when they were about 7. That means that our youngest daughter has never had scissors taken to her hair. I love long hair on girls and always do pony or piggy tails. I really can't stand bangs on girls, so I don't cut bangs for them.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 11:00 PM on May. 9, 2011